#153191  by TI4-1009

A good time for many... but not my cup of tea.

I love symphonic music- Mozart, Beethoven, particularly Mahler, but "not so much" as a vehicle for rock. Just doesn't work for me. And I like Warren a lot in his element- but Dead music isn't that element for me.

On the plus side- he's supposed to have Tiger out with him at least part of the time. Always good to see Tiger.

Have fun!
 #153213  by TI4-1009

TI4-1009 wrote: Always good to see Tiger.
I take that back. I expected to have a good reaction to at least seeing Warren with Tiger, but that wasn't my honest gut reaction. I don't know exactly why, but I'm guessing that Tiger is just such an iconic instrument and was with Jerry for so long? I saw Tiger for all the years Jerry played it (I was at Tiger's 4th show) and I've seen it a few times since (I drove 650 miles to see it in Indianapolis a few years ago), but my reaction to seeing Warren play it was not positive. And I'm guessing now that it would be the same no matter who was playing it.

Also it's a custom, one-off guitar. Most of my other "guitar heros" played off-the-shelf guitars so you saw lots of other people with the same instrument in their hands.

I surprised myself. Strange.
 #157983  by Lephty

Caught the AXS broadcast of this recently...so good to see. Whether you're a fan or not, Warren is a passionate musician and plays with a lot of love. He's the real deal. And some of these arrangements of the songs are incredible.

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but I thought it's worth observing that when Warren plays Jerry's guitar (Tiger) he sounds an awful lot like...Warren Haynes.