#164637  by waldo041
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:59 pm
lovetoboogie wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:10 pm
brbadg wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 pm
So ,a post to the John K fan group yielded a cold response from the admin,so this must be true.
Ugh! Yeah...jambase and Rolling Stone are gonna run with it. This is gonna reflect negatively on the whole "Jerry" player scene. What a dumbass.
+1

~waldo
gr8fulbluz liked this
 #164639  by old man down
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:26 pm
He shouldn't be throwing stones. :D

(After all, he'll be 50 yo in less than five months.) :shock:

He should be happy… he's got Florida gigs right now… :-)

… scoping out his retirement Lonely Avenue. :lol:
 #164640  by lightningbolt
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 am
As a leader of many people in business throughout the years in my day job as a healthcare executive.....I always try to Praise Publicly and Criticize Privately. It is sort of a "golden rule" of leadership.

Music is a business and the same rules should apply.
strumminsix, FrettyBoy, gr8fulbluz and 1 others liked this
 #164643  by strumminsix
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 am
The more I think about this the more it's upsetting. I visited his page on Facebook and the masses are blasting him. And I get it.

Then I read from his supporters. And I read replies from folks I know personally. And I'm blown away. Day in and day out I watch them post on facebook against bullies, against people who act shitty towards each other, leaders who don't uplift, etc. Then support someone being so mean to a folks who then doubles down on the meanness. That double down with a fake apology to me is the worst.

Hope JK hires a manager and cools his heels from social media opinions.
 #164644  by tntawney
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:24 am
strumminsix wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 am
The more I think about this the more it's upsetting. I visited his page on Facebook and the masses are blasting him. And I get it.

Then I read from his supporters. And I read replies from folks I know personally. And I'm blown away. Day in and day out I watch them post on facebook against bullies, against people who act shitty towards each other, leaders who don't uplift, etc. Then support someone being so mean to a folks who then doubles down on the meanness. That double down with a fake apology to me is the worst.

Hope JK hires a manager and cools his heels from social media opinions.

I checked his Facebook last night and saw that he took his fake/lame apology down and put up links to his Soundcloud page. So, i guess he is moving on. It just seems like an all around jerk move. Read some of his responses to his latest reviews. He desperately needs to stay off social media for awhile. Just because he read Hunter Thompson's quote about the negative side of music industry, doesn't mean he has to contribute to it. I really hope he can somehow turn this around. I am like Headstash, and a huge fan of is. This whole mess just puts a bad taste in most people's mouth. The sad thing is it would probably of been totally avoidable with a simple humble apology. Everyone has a bad day and can relate. I don't think many deadheads can relate to our idols being unkind.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JohnKmusic/reviews/
gr8fulbluz liked this
 #164646  by strumminsix
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:58 am
tntawney wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:24 am
strumminsix wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 am
The more I think about this the more it's upsetting. I visited his page on Facebook and the masses are blasting him. And I get it.

Then I read from his supporters. And I read replies from folks I know personally. And I'm blown away. Day in and day out I watch them post on facebook against bullies, against people who act shitty towards each other, leaders who don't uplift, etc. Then support someone being so mean to a folks who then doubles down on the meanness. That double down with a fake apology to me is the worst.

Hope JK hires a manager and cools his heels from social media opinions.

I checked his Facebook last night and saw that he took his fake/lame apology down and put up links to his Soundcloud page. So, i guess he is moving on. It just seems like an all around jerk move. Read some of his responses to his latest reviews. He desperately needs to stay off social media for awhile. Just because he read Hunter Thompson's quote about the negative side of music industry, doesn't mean he has to contribute to it. I really hope he can somehow turn this around. I am like Headstash, and a huge fan of is. This whole mess just puts a bad taste in most people's mouth. The sad thing is it would probably of been totally avoidable with a simple humble apology. Everyone has a bad day and can relate. I don't think many deadheads can relate to our idols being unkind.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JohnKmusic/reviews/
Sheeesh. Now he's getting snarky and fighting individuals in the comment section. Not cool at all.

Talk about making bad situation worse. And that worse situation even worse.... He should stop.

(however, some of the comments and memes are hilarious)
tntawney liked this
 #164647  by wleeds
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 am
i hope John K has the stones to read and re-read the reason Headstash plays music in the first place, kind of like ....The Dead did?...
best for John K to STFU!

peace, and whoever makes music, make what ever music you want. The world needs your music input more than ever right now

PS - we all learned from everyone ever associated with Grateful Dead music

Waylon Leeds aka Mark T
I wish Headstash all the best and don't stop!
Last edited by wleeds on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #164648  by waldo041
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:53 am
John should stop playing Jerry/GD tunes and ride on his own merits, his own songs. Go out Life and Limb on just that! His comments would than be more aligned with the exception of the 100 plus song, non repeating, possibility every night he stated. He is normal without Jerry and Jerry's fans, John's ego besets him! He had a shitty gig and should not have used his power to do what he did to Headstash, whom i might add are now playing Estimated live!

~waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovetoboogie, ac4468, strumminsix and 1 others liked this
 #164651  by PLS30820
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm
He's playing a show up in Boca last night and another down in Stuart tomorrow. I was going to check out both of them since I live right in between, but after all this, I'll just skip it.
 #164653  by brbadg
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm
It's clear that those of you bagging on him were never fans to begin with.
Dragging him through the mud on this is just a bit overblown.
The last couple shows I heard and liked .To each their own.
He has written another apology.I'm accepting it.
 #164656  by Jon S.
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 pm
Now, now, don't become yourself what you're criticizing in others.

JK's first apology was lame. I'm sure the second one is better.

I think it's legit to bag on someone at first for something he hasn't really apologized for AND forgive him and view the slate as wiped clean when it's apparent he's truly sorry.

We're all imperfect humans after all.

Back to music!!
brbadg liked this
 #164657  by FrettyBoy
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:07 pm
We all have opinions, and some of the GD/JGB bands out here are, in my opinion, are less than stellar. I know because I'm one of them and I'm less than stellar. Unfortunate that JK took such a public stance, but hey, JERRY was VERY public in his distaste for the Doors, but there was no Internet then. ..so there your go.
 #164658  by Jon S.
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:17 pm
FrettyBoy wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:07 pm
We all have opinions, and some of the GD/JGB bands out here are, in my opinion, are less than stellar. I know because I'm one of them and I'm less than stellar. Unfortunate that JK took such a public stance, but hey, JERRY was VERY public in his distaste for the Doors, but there was no Internet then. ..so there your go.
FWIW, I disagree strongly with this statement by Jerry about The Doors:

>> "I was never attracted to their music at all, so I couldn't find anything to like about them."

I can't count the times I've heard the same thing said about the Dead by others, i.e., "Because I don't like their music I can't find anything to like about them." This is certainly not how I myself approach others' music.

Also, Jerry went on and on about how Morrison copied Jagger - he even called it "offensive." Myself, I'm neither offended by how some musicians are influenced by others, e.g., how the lead singer from GVF is channeling Robert Plant, nor have I ever viewed Morrison as truly a "Jagger copy."