Talk about the recent Tours
 #120159  by Dwarf Rat

December 9th, bobby returns to the Bakersfield Fox Theater. We got 7 th row center tix as soon as they went on sale. My son got first row stage right.

The only time the Dead played here the music stopped and Phil told us that the Local fuzz arrested Healy for drinking a beer. No sound man? No show. It was a weird day in night in Dead history. Very long breaks between songs while the boys tuned and Keith smoked cigarette after cigarette. After the show, the floor was littered with empty pint bottles of liquor. Ironic that the BPD took Healy out for a Heinekin.
 #120163  by tigerstrat

he should get Brokedown In Bakersfield to open...
 #121901  by Dwarf Rat

Well,

Jackie was sweet. His piano playing is quite good, and his compositional skills are honed on the keys.

Bobby came out and went immediately to the weird side with lots of angular chords and hard strumming. After the break, Jackie and his buddy came out for the trio tunes. Really quite good, and I was shocked to hear that they sound like Dwarf Rat minus a bassist and percussionist. When they were jamming, it just sounded like we do. Very cool .

If yer in Bakersfield on 12-21-2012, stop by and party with us. It's the end of the world, so it's gonna be big fun.
 #122008  by hotasaPistol

I am more curious about what you are not saying.........Did you like Bob solo ?????

Also I never understood the term angular when it comes to chords...or when Garcia said that Weirs playing was angular...anybody clarify that for me???

I live an hour and a half from Bako and wish I could have made it........

thanks

George :smile: :smile: :smile: