Chat about Equipment Info
 #57152  by GratefulPat

i was at the local shop today looking at boss rc-2 and rc 20-xl, one being a single one being dual pedals, for those of you who dont know about them. Same basic functions, the bigger(20-xl) being a little easier to work with because there is 2 pedals, was 275, the smaller being 200. i ended up picking one up so i dont have to play along with a cd all the time, now i can play to myself. so far i love it except for the tap tempo feature, i cant get it to be on time, but i think i just need to work with it, or maybe read the directions. anyways, its great for soloing practice, worth buying one for sure.
 #57158  by jackr

I use a Digitech Jamman. Loop pedals are great. Its my best friend!
 #57174  by old man down

I compared the two, Boss rc20xl vs. the jamman, and they were identical for the most part. This was from buying both and having them in my house for a few days, together. The thing I didn't like about the Boss was the batteries aspect. I just could never see myself putting all those batteries into it, even though you can go with the AC adapter.

The jamman has the LED number selection so you can see it from standing away from it and with the switch (extra item, that I bought) you can toggle between stored programs. Essentially, you could sound like two guitarists on the fly if you really got good at it.

But what really convinced me about the jamman was that the power adapter fell out of my hand and put a slight nick in the finish, and at that point, with them seeming the same at that time, the jamman won out as I felt I dinged it, so now I own it.

Very pleased with the jamman.
 #57201  by jackr

I think you made a good choice anyway. What really convinced me is the USB connectivity and the 2 gb CF card. I download backing tracks and convert them to .wav files and put them on the card. You can store hours of music and up to 99 different loops. And you can simply swap out cards if you need more.
 #57272  by bucketorain

i have the rc2...I wish I had the multi pedal version though, but for the price it was a good deal...