Chat about Equipment Info
 #52073  by jeffm725

Wondering if any of the gurus out therre have a ballpark value of some Vintage Celestions.
I have a pair of Rola Celestion G12-75's that were made in September of 1977.
They are in beautiful shape and they work and sound great, however they are not they type of speakers that fall in the Weir or Jerry preferred tonal ranges (I have tried them with both of my bands, the JBLs are obviously much better for Jer and I like the Tone Tubbies and even the JBL's too lately for the Bobby stuff), thus I have no long term use for them.I have to get rid of some gear and was going to put this pair up on the 'bay and just want to have some kind of idea of what I can expect.

I have been watching Ebay, for over a month I have not seen one of these speakers pop up.

I would imagine that these would kick ass in a Vox or especially a Marshall. They probably came out of a Marshall in the first place.

Thanks for any help you may have!

#52075  by strumminsix

Jeff, I know the most sought after Celestions are pre-rola ones. I'm sure yours are valuable just saying what the die-hard vintage Marshall guys go for...

#52079  by jeffm725

no,
I am sure that is true as I come across some info while searching. I have NO Marshall knowledge or experience with this at all, so all bits of info are helpful. I have no attachment to these in anyway, if they are cheap or not worth anything, then they are cheap and not worth anything. :-)

I just have no idea, and have no illusions one way or another. Obviously I would love to recover enough money from these to buy a pair of K-120's (shh. dont tell the wife) but usually my life doesnt work that way :? I think I would settle for a a pair of these celestions to buy ONE K-120
 #52102  by jonarobb

jeffm725 wrote:Wondering if any of the gurus out therre have a ballpark value of some Vintage Celestions.
I have a pair of Rola Celestion G12-75's that were made in September of 1977.
They are in beautiful shape and they work and sound great, however they are not they type of speakers that fall in the Weir or Jerry preferred tonal ranges (I have tried them with both of my bands, the JBLs are obviously much better for Jer and I like the Tone Tubbies and even the JBL's too lately for the Bobby stuff), thus I have no long term use for them.I have to get rid of some gear and was going to put this pair up on the 'bay and just want to have some kind of idea of what I can expect.

I have been watching Ebay, for over a month I have not seen one of these speakers pop up.

I would imagine that these would kick ass in a Vox or especially a Marshall. They probably came out of a Marshall in the first place.

Thanks for any help you may have!
The last one I sold on ebay was for a $100. It was an 82' with the Marshall OEM cork gasket. The rocker guys love these. I put it up with a buy it now price and it disappeared in an hour.