Chat about Equipment Info
 #46582  by Dozin

1980 Ibanez AR-400

This guitar is equipped with Super 80 flying finger tri-sound pickups. EQ two tone system. Like Weir's old guitar but no bass knob or preamp boost. So it has master volume, passive master tone, mid counter and treble equalization. Toggles are single-hum-tri sound.

I've been a Modulus guy pretty much since I started playing guitar. I've owned a Ibanez AR-500 but it was a early 80's model which is nothing like the older ones. When this guitar fell into my lap I was psyched but I didn't realize how happy I would be with it from the first strum. This guitar is everything I've ever wanted with my sound. It puts me right in the 76-80 Weir tone effortlessly. I love the active circuitry and the sustain is unbelievable. Something that I never had with a Blackknife. I have a new theory about Weir and why he was so good in the late 70s. That guitar is it. It really does sing. A Blackknife just cuts through the music. The best thing of all, I actually feel and sound like a better guitar player because of this ax. I LOVE IT!

I had to express my happiness :smile:

#46587  by Dozin

countrymile; living on a lake is fun

Vic, do you know what model Jim's Ibanez is?

#46595  by frankielee

Absolutlely beautiful. Hope it brings you many years of music,joy and good times 8)

#46596  by playingdead

I only know that it's an Artist model; I'll check it out at the next shows on Thursday and Friday ...

We're at the Hard Rock Cafe in Fanieul Hall (formerly The Rack) on Friday for Jer's b-day, that should be a fun one.

#46597  by SpaceYrface43

Real nice looking guitar great to hear you found a keeper. I'm still looking so now that you have that ax are you willing to put the blackknife on the market? i had to ask.

#46599  by strumminsix

Wow! Congrats!

#46600  by Capt Rosebuddy

Ku-dos Man!! Beautiful Guitar, Take me Back to Red Rocks!! really nice.

#46636  by Dozin

Thanks guys. Sorry, no guitars for sale.

The tri-sound mode is the key to Weir's sound back in the day. I wonder why they didn't make that option available on his signature 2680 and 2681 models is beyond me.

#46651  by tigerstrat

Dozin wrote:I wonder why they didn't make that option available on his signature 2680 and 2681 models is beyond me.
So nobody would get their hands on the key to his sound! :lol: