Chat about Equipment Info
 #172516  by NeilG1

yup - I have those on my current board. They're great. Clean and easy
 #172517  by Jon S.

I just used some extras of the ties that come on bread and other such products to tighten up the underneath cables enough to pull them up and away from the floor. No adhesives were used in this experiement.
 #172518  by ej9901

This is my current board. Personally I don't mind velcro, but I get why people don't prefer it. As for power, I use the Gigrig power supply because you can expand or shrink it as much as you need to. It can get a bit expensive but I've never had any issues with it.

#172519  by strumminsix

lbpesq wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:56 am I just stumbled onto this product from 3M that looks like it would do a great job of taming/organizing the cables underneath a pedal-board. I pulled the trigger and it should arrive tomorrow. Anyone else ever tried these?

Bill, tgo

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Managem ... 207&sr=8-3
Been using for years. Awesome product
 #172520  by lbpesq

Installed the 3M cable tie anchors today. Very cool. The wire sticking out to the right is power to my wah-wah pedal.

Bill, tgo
 #172521  by Jon S.

For no other reason but I felt like it! :geek:

wabisabied liked this
 #172562  by Xtevan of the playa

At my last job we used a lot of the 3M cable tie pads. They are a good product, better than the generic ones. We had no issues when the surface was pre-cleaned with an alcohol wipe. At the extremes of summer or winter, we had issues with them popping off in shipping when 'the new guy' didn't use the prep pads.
 #172563  by wabisabied

Regarding the OP’s original question, I’ve been happy with my Truetone 1 SPOT PRO CS12. It has 12 isolated outlets, 2 18v and 10 9v, some of which are variable 4-9v or 9-12v. I don’t use every outlet (so far) and I haven’t used the variability at all, just run 9v and 18v. Never a problem. Wish it had a third 18v for my loop station, but that’s on a separate, smaller board, anyway.
 #172564  by bzbz

wabisabied wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:16 pm Regarding the OP’s original question, I’ve been happy with my Truetone 1 SPOT PRO CS12. It has 12 isolated outlets, 2 18v and 10 9v, some of which are variable 4-9v or 9-12v. I don’t use every outlet (so far) and I haven’t used the variability at all, just run 9v and 18v. Never a problem. Wish it had a third 18v for my loop station, but that’s on a separate, smaller board, anyway.
Thanks - my internet scouring has indeed led me to believe I ought to buy the Truetone CS12 -

I have a Tru-Tron (Biegel) - will that work on a power source like this, or ought I stick with the adapter he provided?
 #172565  by lbpesq

The Tru-tron requires 12vAC. I believe the One Spot has a single AC output, but it only puts out 9v, so you will still need to use the Mu fx power supply with the One Spot. IIRC, Cioks makes some outstanding power supplies that include a 12vAC output.

Bill, tgo
 #172566  by wabisabied

lbpesq wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:34 am The Tru-tron requires 12vAC. I believe the One Spot has a single AC output, but it only puts out 9v, so you will still need to use the Mu fx power supply with the One Spot.
This is correct. Only AC is 9v.
 #172567  by franklins_timmy

This is the one I use. It has outlets with adjustable voltage... can be set to 9V, 12V, 15V, or 18V. At 9V the outlets are 660mA. Goes down when the voltage is set higher, 500mA at 12V etc. I have the first version, all 7 outlets are adjustable. This new version only 4 of the 7 are.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... y-by-cioks