Chat about Equipment Info
 #163782  by ac4468
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:52 am
So with the holidays here, the family keeps asking for gift ideas. Frankly I;m fine just to see everyone but hey, if they're hell bent on buying me a toy.... What are some NON typical FUN effects pedals. Maybe effects geared towards spacey jams. ie Moog etc. Any fun ones that have some practical applications? No boutique $300+ pedals :-)
 #163783  by tcsned
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:50 am
Have you played with a vocoder or a talk box? Electro Harmonix has a vocoder pedal, I've got a Heil Talk Box that I love playing with. The EH C9, B9, and/or Ravish Sitar pedals look cool though I haven't played through any of them.
 #163784  by ac4468
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:55 am
tcsned wrote:Have you played with a vocoder or a talk box? Electro Harmonix has a vocoder pedal, I've got a Heil Talk Box that I love playing with. The EH C9, B9, and/or Ravish Sitar pedals look cool though I haven't played through any of them.
Since I can barely breath normally while playing I think o can rule out the vocoder! The ravish sitar could be cool. Intrigued by the Moog Ring modulator too.
tcsned liked this
 #163786  by waldo041
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm
maybe not exactly what you are after, but i have been building pedals for over a decade and it is where i got the bug for electronics. There are ton of pedals on the market today, boutique or not, that lend their basic circuits to other pedals. They simply tweak areas they think improve on the circuit and some do less than that by just repackaging and selling the same thing. Point is, there are now quite a few stores that sell DIY kits and decent prices if you are willing to sit down and learn how to assemble them. Not something for everyone that is understood. If you have the loot to buy, sell, trade and/or barter pedals there is nothing wrong with that. I am just saying you might want to look into learning to build this stuff yourself and then learn how to tweak it.

~waldo
Gypsykid136, milobender liked this