Chat about Equipment Info
 #162705  by waldo041
 Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:11 pm
To me it is ironic this "sanctum" is being shown to the public after a now locked thread here not so long ago. But what I am even more aware of is Mr. Kreutzmanns complete awareness of what he chooses to let us see both in the pictures picked to post and in his actual shots. There is nothing really there we have not seen before. Kudos for his self righteous publicity for more followers on his insta, but he really is showing nothing of substance that he without a doubt has access to. He has been with all that gear since he was a kid! He understands what it all is and knows who used what. Now go back and look at what he showed you from that GD equipment vault! Jerry's Twins have not been seen in public in over 23 years and he used them for over 15 years in the band! But only a few of us here at Rukind do all the secrecy and posturing, isn't that correct Headspace? Those amps were without a doubt in the same room he took all those shots from but he never posted any pictures of those Twins did he? Why the secrecy, it is really kind of silly isn't it? I am happy with where my journey has led me. Let the GD answer the questions about any and all THEIR gear. They never verified any of my research and blocked any attempt to get the info. They still make millions off of the part those Twins did for that band, do you think they are going to give that away for free? Plenty of other things beside the Twins he could have shown as well. There is your GD Spirit right from the source but not only you but the others like you gave him not one ounce of sarcastic nature musings you all were interjecting in on that now locked thread. But for a guy like Justin with a camera IN the circle, you drop right to your knees for the worthless time he spent with that post!

I think this is where i say, I rest my case!

Or is that a "Mic Drop" the kids are all raving about?

~waldo

obscure detail: I don't think the McIntosh MC2500 was designed during the WOS, it used 2300's.
hippieguy1954, milobender, MattMan and 1 others liked this
 #162709  by Jon S.
 Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:20 am
Bites tongue.
 #162711  by lightningbolt
 Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:52 am
waldo041 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:11 pm
To me it is ironic this "sanctum" is being shown to the public after a now locked thread here not so long ago. But what I am even more aware of is Mr. Kreutzmanns complete awareness of what he chooses to let us see both in the pictures picked to post and in his actual shots. There is nothing really there we have not seen before. Kudos for his self righteous publicity for more followers on his insta, but he really is showing nothing of substance that he without a doubt has access to. He has been with all that gear since he was a kid! He understands what it all is and knows who used what. Now go back and look at what he showed you from that GD equipment vault! Jerry's Twins have not been seen in public in over 23 years and he used them for over 15 years in the band! But only a few of us here at Rukind do all the secrecy and posturing, isn't that correct Headspace? Those amps were without a doubt in the same room he took all those shots from but he never posted any pictures of those Twins did he? Why the secrecy, it is really kind of silly isn't it? I am happy with where my journey has led me. Let the GD answer the questions about any and all THEIR gear. They never verified any of my research and blocked any attempt to get the info. They still make millions off of the part those Twins did for that band, do you think they are going to give that away for free? Plenty of other things beside the Twins he could have shown as well. There is your GD Spirit right from the source but not only you but the others like you gave him not one ounce of sarcastic nature musings you all were interjecting in on that now locked thread. But for a guy like Justin with a camera IN the circle, you drop right to your knees for the worthless time he spent with that post!

I think this is where i say, I rest my case!

Or is that a "Mic Drop" the kids are all raving about?

~waldo

obscure detail: I don't think the McIntosh MC2500 was designed during the WOS, it used 2300's.
Maybe I am missing something and I certainly haven't read any old locked thread that references the bands warehouse.

I am not here to defend Justin Kreutzmann but why would you think it is on his agenda to show you the pieces of equipment that are so revered here. He is not a musician and may or may not care about Jerry's twin Twins. I am sure they are tucked away in a roadcase and not just out sitting on a shelf waiting to be photographed.

As far as self serving....we are all guilty of that.

The band is holding on to this stuff for reasons unknown. Maybe by design...maybe because they don't give a shit. We will only know what they tell us...speculating on intention or motivation is a dangerous game. Saying the band should answer question about gear is like asking Hunter to explain his lyrics....they say what they say. As the band/Jerry has said many times..."once we are done with it, you can have it". Maybe they just don't care and the warehouse rent is just a tiny line item on their A/P ledger. For them maybe the "past is past".

Really not sure why you feel the band has any obligation to facilitate your research...seems like it would be only high on your/my agenda and not theirs.

Just my two cents.

I was grateful to see any pictures inside the warehouse at all and I am really happy the band hasn't just called in an auctioneer and let it all scatter to the four winds.
HeadSpace, rugger liked this
 #162714  by waldo041
 Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:59 am
lightningbolt wrote:

The band is holding on to this stuff for reasons unknown. Maybe by design...maybe because they don't give a shit. We will only know what they tell us...speculating on intention or motivation is a dangerous game. Saying the band should answer question about gear is like asking Hunter to explain his lyrics....they say what they say. As the band/Jerry has said many times..."once we are done with it, you can have it". Maybe they just don't care and the warehouse rent is just a tiny line item on their A/P ledger. For them maybe the "past is past".

EXACTLY THE POINT! They owe me NOTHING, and I don't owe anybody either. My research is exactly that, my research! what and when i choose to share is my decision and mine only. Just like Justin Kreutzmann the son of one of the members in the band who is an official photographer for said band. He does not need to take anymore pictures of that gear he probably already has miles of film of all of it. They know what the f$%k they are doing! Want it for free, go ask them and see how kind they are when you ask for it!

I could care less about what some rich dude who can afford to buy and trade equipment at will, who sucks at guitar but thinks he is an expert that sounds more like Dickey than Jerry and regurgitates copied and pasted posts all over to make himself look like the expert he is not. He can bite his tongue, close his eyes or do whatever he wants. I don't care Jon S, why even respond at all? Do you feel the need to scold me again for something you do not agree with?! Nothing of your knowledge was needed or ask for in this thread but you chose to step. So go ahead and let loose. Don't bite your tongue let every one hear and believe your voice of reason instead of my truth.

~waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #162719  by waldo041
 Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:36 pm
mkaufman wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:36 am
Nice pic! Have we seen it before? Where did it come from?

ace
Yes some have seen this picture. I think I got it from one of the old yahoo groups before everyone migrated over here to RuKind. Not sure who took it.

~waldo
 #162731  by Jon S.
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:45 am
waldo041 wrote:
lightningbolt wrote:

EXACTLY THE POINT! They owe me NOTHING, and I don't owe anybody either. My research is exactly that, my research! what and when i choose to share is my decision and mine only. Just like Justin Kreutzmann the son of one of the members in the band who is an official photographer for said band. He does not need to take anymore pictures of that gear he probably already has miles of film of all of it. They know what the f$%k they are doing! Want it for free, go ask them and see how kind they are when you ask for it!

I could care less about what some rich dude who can afford to buy and trade equipment at will, who sucks at guitar but thinks he is an expert that sounds more like Dickey than Jerry and regurgitates copied and pasted posts all over to make himself look like the expert he is not. He can bite his tongue, close his eyes or do whatever he wants. I don't care Jon S, why even respond at all? Do you feel the need to scold me again for something you do not agree with?! Nothing of your knowledge was needed or ask for in this thread but you chose to step. So go ahead and let loose. Don't bite your tongue let every one hear and believe your voice of reason instead of my truth.

~waldo
Wald claims he could care less about what I post but his responses show he cares deeply indeed. The question is why?

Folks, when I posted "tongue bitten," that didn't seem to me to warrant a personal attack response but apparently even that got under Wald's egotistical, self-righteous, entitled, bitter, and hypocritical thin skin.

A little history. Wald first started viewing me as an adversary to be personally attacked when I had the audacity, many years back when he was using this forum as a marketplace to hawk his buffers (which continued until recently), to express my opinion, with a supporting video and more, that all buffers work a certain way and one can do just fine with a variety of them. This hit Wald where it hurt the most - his ego. (It also impacted him financially, though my personal view is Wald's about ego more than money.)

Wald's entitled sense of self-worth depends on everyone worshiping him as the Dead gear god he envisions himself. If you do, for sure, he'll help you. (He helped me, too, once long ago before the buffer incident to install his buffer in my Philtone Jerrycaster, where it remains to this day). But question his preeminent Dead gear perfection and his reactions are predictable.

Some may chime in now to defend Wald. I know there are some people who, no matter what Wald craps into a thread, rush to opine how it's the best shit ever. It's their privilege to do so if they wish just like it's Wald's to post his views and mine to post mine.

I don't enjoy typing posts like these. It's not what I always knew and know the Grateful Dead community to be. Unfortunately, however, bullies continue unless confronted.

My post was simple: tongue bitten. Wald chose to reply to me now, as he too often does, rudely and personally. And also by lying. An example being how he posted that I'm rich.

Folks, know that Wald doesn't know bullshit about my finances. I would normally ignore such a lie but let's just put this one to rest as an example of how Mike attacks people personally and falsely. I'm a middle class dude on a government pension in modest suburban community. Yes, I can afford some nice gear, but it's because I do things like drive a 2003 Accord with enough miles on it to cruise around the earth a half dozen times.

To prioritize owning excellent gear to play Dead and other music (Wald thought he was putting me down by also throwing in our faces how I dig Dickey Bett's tone, too - that may well be the most complimentary insult from him yet.), I prioritized having some nice guitars and amps over other things like owning a new car every 4-6 years. No, I'm not rich. The charge I am is just another example of Wald's entitled bitter bullying.

(He also thinks I suck at guitar - LOL - I don't care to respond to this stupid comment substantively. I am, though, laughing now at how, were Leo Fender - who didn't even play guitar - to come back from the grave and post here disagreeing with Wald on a gear issue, one could only imagine the response he'd get.)

As for Wald's constant self-shilling here of, until recently, of his buffers and, now, his newest mods - ones that if you don't get them he'll tell you you'll never sound right - he's fortunate the rules here are loose. If he pulled this same crap on most other forums, he'd be banned.

Final comment - Wald can choose now to delete his ad hominem attack of me here from this thread. If he does, I'll delete this post. Otherwise, it stays.
rugger liked this
 #162733  by waldo041
 Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:22 am
Jon S. wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:45 am
waldo041 wrote:
lightningbolt wrote:

~waldo
Wald claims he could care less about what I post but his responses show he cares deeply indeed. The question is why?

Folks, when I posted "tongue bitten," that didn't seem to me to warrant a personal attack response but apparently even that got under Wald's egotistical, self-righteous, entitled, bitter, and hypocritical thin skin.

A little history. Wald first started viewing me as an adversary to be personally attacked when I had the audacity, many years back when he was using this forum as a marketplace to hawk his buffers (which continued until recently), to express my opinion, with a supporting video and more, that all buffers work a certain way and one can do just fine with a variety of them. This hit Wald where it hurt the most - his ego. (It also impacted him financially, though my personal view is Wald's about ego more than money.)

Wald's entitled sense of self-worth depends on everyone worshiping him as the Dead gear god he envisions himself. If you do, for sure, he'll help you. (He helped me, too, once long ago before the buffer incident to install his buffer in my Philtone Jerrycaster, where it remains to this day). But question his preeminent Dead gear perfection and his reactions are predictable.

Some may chime in now to defend Wald. I know there are some people who, no matter what Wald craps into a thread, rush to opine how it's the best shit ever. It's their privilege to do so if they wish just like it's Wald's to post his views and mine to post mine.

I don't enjoy typing posts like these. It's not what I always knew and know the Grateful Dead community to be. Unfortunately, however, bullies continue unless confronted.

My post was simple: tongue bitten. Wald chose to reply to me now, as he too often does, rudely and personally. And also by lying. An example being how he posted that I'm rich.

Folks, know that Wald doesn't know bullshit about my finances. I would normally ignore such a lie but let's just put this one to rest as an example of how Mike attacks people personally and falsely. I'm a middle class dude on a government pension in modest suburban community. Yes, I can afford some nice gear, but it's because I do things like drive a 2003 Accord with enough miles on it to cruise around the earth a half dozen times.

To prioritize owning excellent gear to play Dead and other music (Wald thought he was putting me down by also throwing in our faces how I dig Dickey Bett's tone, too - that may well be the most complimentary insult from him yet.), I prioritized having some nice guitars and amps over other things like owning a new car every 4-6 years. No, I'm not rich. The charge I am is just another example of Wald's entitled bitter bullying.

(He also thinks I suck at guitar - LOL - I don't care to respond to this stupid comment substantively. I am, though, laughing now at how, were Leo Fender - who didn't even play guitar - to come back from the grave and post here disagreeing with Wald on a gear issue, one could only imagine the response he'd get.)

As for Wald's constant self-shilling here of, until recently, of his buffers and, now, his newest mods - ones that if you don't get them he'll tell you you'll never sound right - he's fortunate the rules here are loose. If he pulled this same crap on most other forums, he'd be banned.

Final comment - Wald can choose now to delete his ad hominem attack of me here from this thread. If he does, I'll delete this post. Otherwise, it stays.

After a 2 day delay in your response to try and attempt to demean and scold me publicly once again, I would never delete your post. Your response still has nothing to lend to the thread but your "Biting Tongue" reply was in no way a Bully remark? It was a needed remark in this thread? Jon would you have been given any reply had you NOT interjected?" who is the bully? WTF! Are you serious? I called you out because you chose to comment on something you had no business commenting on. That is where the bully is, Bully!

You are incorrect Jon S. when you speak of our beef in your posts ! You spoke of the incident's that places you at the head of the self entitled people here, a small minority, but of course you have the order mixed up because you as usual do not know what you are talking about!

Let me just ask the members a couple question since you threw them in this.

Can anyone HEAR a Difference between a Cae Sound CB-1 and TPC1 buffer ?

Now let me ask you this? How can you definitively make a choice on which buffer sounds better? Would you not need to have played both, correct? Audio samples as we all know are not definitive. Helpful but not definitive.

Whats the point? Jon seems to believe that he installed MY buffer in his guitar when he interrupted me at the Chicago Irish Parade with my family for over an hour because HE SCHEDULED A DAY TO PICK UP HIS GUITAR many years ago with his Luthier. Even though I clearly informed them on speakerphone where I was, who i was with and what i was doing, Silberman insists i help him and his luthier get his guitar working because he has driven all the way to Baltimore from DC to pick it up on it's delivery date, only thing was the neither the luther nor Silberman knew how to wire it correctly. He did this on his schedule, he obviously did not know mine and cared less at that point. The KICKER was in our conversation i found out they were installing a CAE SOUND CB1 ! Why not call cae sound? They also need to know how to wire up the OBEL! but I apparently owed it to JonS! Because at that time i was also the Jerry internet guru he is making the claim of. He was a lot more polite back then when I was doing free stuff for him because Silberman never paid me for that incident just so we are straight on that. He paid his luthier i am sure for both building and wiring that guitar. Silberman promised to pay me for that incident by one day buying one of my buffers. He eventually did a couple months later purchase one and I actually considered at the time refunding his money for the straight up entitled bullshit he had just pulled on me and my family a few months earlier. But he got his TPC1 buffer and not because i needed his money!

THEN, (because his ears are shot) he starts making the claim that he cannot hear the difference between the 2 buffers(albeit at the time in 2 separate guitars where he could not even hear the difference in volume alone between the 2.) and going on about most buffers are all the same thing untruth, it was from then on where he has always tried to pass and regurgitate many other peoples posts and/or opinions. No, my friends i do not believe i am or ever was a bully and I never had. Have i gotten pissed, yes, i sure have when some one continues to drive me and my products through the mud as well as waste many a good mans money with his amateur opinions. Truth Hurts and that is a fact. I know, i put my foot in my mouth all the time. I am in no way perfect! The Bully is Jon S. and he will continue to make people believe you can go another way with gear and get to the "spot on" place you want to be. No one has with many of the gear he has suggested to this point, and so far the truth is you cannot! But he will be your voice of reason as to how and why you can , and how you can get it with sub-par equipment. This is from a guy with ears like his OR from some copied and pasted opinion from somewhere else he found. Most Notably. The Gear Page. That is not to say that reposting is wrong, but if you don't have your own opinions on it, why comment? The gear page has policies like they do to "protect" guys like Silberman not from guys like me speaking the truth, their hands are tied because there would be shit shows all the time over there with some of this kind of BS. I wonder how many guys JonS. has gotten banned over there? I still have a membership there and called bullshit on Silberman there as well before and again, i still have my membership! He has almost all of them over there at TGP under his spell! He does it all the time and has most waste their money? Ask him why does he now have a McIntosh and JBL's rig now? I can tell you if you look through the search here at RuKind you will find that hypocritical argument as well. Jon and I fought just like this then when he kept recommending garbage here. Why does he have a Mac now? Silberman has probably 10 different power amp suggestions here alone that do not and have not been proven to be all he stated here they could be. But yet I know like he does there will be guys lining up behind him in support and that is all good, I could care less i do not own a business, I now have a hobby where i can choose whom i deal with cause of guys like JonS. I am stating Truths and my position is not wishy washy. I am a professional at what I do, Are you JonS? Did the EPA train you with a basic set of knowledge in the world of Electronics like the U.S.M.C. did for me? I may not have been all that up to date on guitars and tube amps back in 2005, but you can bet your ass my experience in it is LEEPS AND BOUNDS over your hobby.

Again, Look at the JBL and MC50 rig Silberman uses now, and then go back and look at the arguments about the neo speakers and class d amps he has been arguing with me over that no one now uses. Please go look there and see how we got here!

Why would i want you to erase that post? It explains and shows exactly who the real bully is and one of the biggest reason i closed shop, I have to answer ALL OF JONS ERRONEOUS INFORMATION. I don't have the time to always be answering that shit, i got gear people are asking me to make. I don't need a store for that.

~waldo

( I suck at English, never was any good. But I can read a schematic and I don't have Tinnitus and my back is still strong and i have researched information that are based on facts when i can get things verified so that it is Truth. So that is where i am coming from when i make a post related to the gear. Any and all other "guesses" i have made are only researched opinions and have always been stated as such. I have plenty of dudes to thank in helping to learn all the insides out of Tube amplifier and Guitar wiring's. Guys like Brad Sarno, Vince Childers, Ray Tuholski, Rocky Foster, Cutler, Healy, Furman, Brawer, Wickersham, Dennis Leonard, and many more i am forgetting. ALL of those relationships were derived in a search for the sound and I actually talk to and had conversations on various subject with these people with sometimes good questions but a lot more times with some really crazy shit outside the box stuff. They helped keep me alive. Point is i find pictures on the internet that provide me with immense information when the right ones are shown or the detail is good enough to zoom into. That kind of shit is not the copy and paste regurgitated stuff i am talking about. Again, i SUCK at English writing, But i can read a schematic and i now know how to alter a Tube amplifier circuit because i learned how to fix tube amplifiers! I wish Justin had thrown us some black licorice instead of what he posted maybe we could have learned something new!)
Last edited by waldo041 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.