Chat about Equipment Info
 #157323  by Jon S.

Too easy.
Gratefuldrifter65 liked this
 #157335  by playingdead

How many of these 12 can you get off the top of your head? Be honest. No Googling. Don't reveal the answers ; )

1. "It's dark outside but it's darker within"

2. "Sometimes I take a fool notion, I want to jump overboard in the river and drown"

3. "No one may come here since no one may stay"

4. "Everything promised is delivered to you"

5. "All the endless ruins of the past must stay behind"

6. "A couple of tens and some stale cigarettes"

7. "They're on a dizzy ride and you're cold sober"

8. "Like the moon in high heaven you're just going through a phase"

9. "With a breeze in the pines and a grey whippoorwill"

10. "Conceived of great spirit, not for beggars but kings"

11. "Want some loving, babe, and that ain't all"

12. "His face like a jewel, and he was dead"
 #157341  by CountryMile Cadillac

playingdead wrote:How many of these 12 can you get off the top of your head? Be honest. No Googling. Don't reveal the answers ; )
"
Yes! i like the obscurity of #6 in particular!
 #172878  by Gratefuldrifter65

Jubal wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:26 am Shooot

Says I'm the best. 12 for 12. See what you get you spend all your money on one band? ;-)
The Grateful dead is life my brother you know.All our $ go's to living for the dead,ive listening to so much music,mostly rubbish never paied for it,just download the shit for free.The dead and quicksilver,airplane are the only cats i fell in love with.I love canned heat still do,but im grateful because while one of there songs finished on youtube the next video was bobby singing mama tryed live Woodstock video.And like crack head gets hooked 1st time i didnt know i was addicted and was now Deadhead.Might sound crazzy and i am the doc said so.But just like you my fellow deadhead my money go's to dead records books,and dead everthing i just call it life.Take care brother from new zealand.
 #172879  by Gratefuldrifter65

I got that book bro,The complete annotated grateful dead lyrics,call me a cheat haha.But this book is pure gold,go's into detail whats the song about and when first played and recorded an lots of storys.Doesn't have ever dead tune in there.Because i try find certain tunes and cant find the glory,they probably are there im just to loaded but im having fun haha.Take care brother.Bertha is about a fan ? That blows air around,i love it. :drink:
 #172889  by zozoe

I may not know every word to every song, & ive never been in a tribute band, but I can play nearly every dead song on my trusted 12 string..
Ever since 1973, 3 yrs after my 1st show, I've done a lot of thinking... There's so much convo over what the best live seques were, but instead of pondering what songs so best together, howz about thinking of 2 songs that were meant to be sung/played 'together... :o :o :o ,, and realizing how one song 'spawned its 'mate'

After meeting Hunter & me posing my concerns to him, in a rather timely response to my queries, all he could say was "IF you balance things properly in the dimensions currently available to you, they have an uncanny tendency to appear balanced in dimensions you scarcely suspect"ย 

By my count, there's only 21 such marriages of songs that 'belong' together, that's 42 songs that by 1999 or so, I finally felt confident that I hadn't left any stone unturned, or any turn unstoned.... This has been a life-changer for me, as now, I've learned to read between the lines, giving me a better hold of stuff in this crazy world of ours...

So, to start off easy, with the most basic of 'partners', think, look, & listen to Candyman & to Sugaree,,, Listen...
"Shake it, shake it" + "Look out, look out"
"Hand me my olde guitar, pass the whiskey round" + "Just one thing I ask of you, just one thing for me"
"Won't you tell everybody you meet that the Candyman's in towne" turns to "Please forget you knew my name, my darling....."
"When they come to call on you" & "Open up your window...."

But to me, the final takeaway is that though in different keys, the songs ARE IDENTICAL,,, in structure, changes, & well,,,, you'll get 'it'...
Yeah, some say I'm 'gone, & the naysayers call me names, while others insist on what drugs I'm on.... Quite the hoot~ Again;
"if you balance things properly in the dimensions currently available to you, they have an uncanny tendency to appear balanced in dimensions you scarcely suspect"ย  ๐Ÿ•‰๐Ÿ’˜๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽต
kenny
 #172890  by tdcrjeff

zozoe wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:44 pm I may not know every word to every song, & ive never been in a tribute band, but I can play nearly every dead song on my trusted 12 string..
Ever since 1973, 3 yrs after my 1st show, I've done a lot of thinking... There's so much convo over what the best live seques were, but instead of pondering what songs so best together, howz about thinking of 2 songs that were meant to be sung/played 'together... :o :o :o ,, and realizing how one song 'spawned its 'mate'

After meeting Hunter & me posing my concerns to him, in a rather timely response to my queries, all he could say was "IF you balance things properly in the dimensions currently available to you, they have an uncanny tendency to appear balanced in dimensions you scarcely suspect"ย 

By my count, there's only 21 such marriages of songs that 'belong' together, that's 42 songs that by 1999 or so, I finally felt confident that I hadn't left any stone unturned, or any turn unstoned.... This has been a life-changer for me, as now, I've learned to read between the lines, giving me a better hold of stuff in this crazy world of ours...

So, to start off easy, with the most basic of 'partners', think, look, & listen to Candyman & to Sugaree,,, Listen...
"Shake it, shake it" + "Look out, look out"
"Hand me my olde guitar, pass the whiskey round" + "Just one thing I ask of you, just one thing for me"
"Won't you tell everybody you meet that the Candyman's in towne" turns to "Please forget you knew my name, my darling....."
"When they come to call on you" & "Open up your window...."

But to me, the final takeaway is that though in different keys, the songs ARE IDENTICAL,,, in structure, changes, & well,,,, you'll get 'it'...
Yeah, some say I'm 'gone, & the naysayers call me names, while others insist on what drugs I'm on.... Quite the hoot~ Again;
"if you balance things properly in the dimensions currently available to you, they have an uncanny tendency to appear balanced in dimensions you scarcely suspect"ย  ๐Ÿ•‰๐Ÿ’˜๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽต
kenny
I've never tried it, but for a long time I've had the thought of singing one while playing the music of the other, or some sort of mashup alternating parts of the two.
 #172891  by zozoe

Please bare in mind that this is absolutely NO way a mashup~ Any way, what did you come up with? I did that once at an open mic,, playing one while singing the 'other', and that was some leap off the high diving board....

I'm curious to see if any body has any tails to share~ ๐Ÿ•ฏ๐Ÿ•‰๐Ÿ’˜๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ•ฏ๐Ÿช„๐Ÿ’จโ›ต๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคซ :wink: