Chat about Equipment Info
 #151285  by playingdead

*** these are spoken for folks ***

PRS is doing a run of 100 Private Stock Super Eagles, the guitar that John Mayer and Paul Smith worked on extensively, and that he has been touring with Dead and Company.

I happen to be a PRS dealer, so if anyone wants one ... let me know. I can get one, possibly two. I don't know if I can get a lefty or not yet. As with all Private Stock guitars, it is expensive, but they are like works of art.

Basics are humbuckers, 3 coil tap switchs, narrowfield pickup in the middle, 5-way, master volume, master tone, switchable JFC preamp with switchable treble boost, tremolo, locking tuners, etc.

Specs here:

http://www.prsguitars.com/supereagle/
Last edited by playingdead on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #151289  by HeadSpace

Looks like an amazing guitar, with a price to match. I heard it'll be around $11K for one of these bad boys. Correct me if I'm wrong...
 #151290  by playingdead

The advertised price on these is $11,500 ... if anyone is interested, please PM me.

They will not make them lefty, or I would get one. I will be able to get at least one, and perhaps two, righties built. There is about a 2-week window to get these ordered.

I have built numerous lefty Private Stock guitars and they are stunners, for sure. The production guitars are great, but these guitars are amazing, built by hand, off the production line, best of everything.

Here's an SC58 I did a couple years back ... I hand picked the woods on it at the PRS Wood Library in Maryland.

Lefties are my business but I am one of about two dozen Private Stock dealers in the US, so I can always custom build a righty. The Mayer is expensive -- largely because it has the figured "top" on the back as well as being a limited signed edition -- but I am experienced in doing these builds so if anyone ever wants a righty Hollowbody, Santana, Custom 24, etc. ... I will be happy to hook you up. A guitar like that SC58 is not cheap but it's not quite as expensive as some Private Stocks. And these folks are always up for challenges, whether it's custom wiring (they could do the Garcia setup) or inlay, woods, finishes, materials, you name it. That's what's so cool about building a Private Stock, you can spec very last detail and they will make it for you, whether it's something simple like the scale length, fretwire or radius, or inlaying the San Francisco skyline into the fretboard.
Last edited by playingdead on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #151292  by playingdead

mkaufman wrote:How much does it weigh?

ace
It's not built yet ... LOL ... ask John?

Based on the chambered P24s I've built with F holes I'd say it's likely under 7 pounds.
 #151345  by Trecia

I'll wait for the SE version.

Anyone know who's playing the Cripe Eagle nowadays? Still in Kimmock's possession? That would be my super-eagle!
 #151347  by mkaufman

What do you know about the guitar is this video? I think the tone from this guitar excites me more.

Great playing! Looks like Weir is letting/encouraging John to go for it and he delivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlawm1b7vuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlawm1b7vuI[/youtube]

ace
 #152500  by Brandon Bowlds

that is a stunning SC58! I am a PRS dealer as well. (we pre-sold our Super Eagles as well). while we are sharing pics, here is a Private Stock I spec'd for myself