Chat about Equipment Info
 #147655  by aiq

I wanted to share my new guitar with the group.

Another masterpiece by Andrew Olson. It took a while but as trite as it sounds worth the wait.

Bridge and middle DiMarzio super II humbuckers, neck DiMarzio SDS I single coil.

Pickup Selector is a six way that looks like a regular Gibson switch.

The first two toggles split the humbuckers, the third one engages the on board effects loop and buffer (Waldo). Cable and wheel box. I will have to train to use it fully.

Steinberger tuners, Feiten nut, stainless steel frets, Tone pro bridge w/titanium saddles, TP tailpiece. All wood on the top ebony. Silver inlay on jerrybird plate, which covers the loop and buffer and where the battery is tucked.

The headstock plate with engraved "Jerrybird" a total surprise from Andrew, the font is "Griffiny". Hard to see I know, phone pics as I don't have a working camera at the moment.

Plate inlay by Larry Robinson.

I have played it thru a Deluxe with JBL D123 and '67 Vibrolux with Weber Californias. Sounds pretty amazing to my ears. I will try to get a clip one of these days.

[url=http://s40.photobucket.com/user/aeyeq/m ... 9.jpg.html]Image

Last edited by aiq on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #147657  by Jon S.

That is really cool (looks like something Kimock might play out with!).
 #147723  by FSM

Had the pleasure of playing Jerrybird this past Sunday @ AIQ's crib, Sounds and plays just as Amazing as the guitar looks,
Andrew Olson did a High Quality job on the mod work, and Larry Robinson did a Beautiful job on the Plate inlay as well , I am sure Jerrybird will be
played and enjoyed for many years going down the road we call life,....Man, oh, man, oh, friend of mine
All good things in all good time
8)
 #147732  by Jon S.

aiq wrote:I have also played FSM's Post Wolf, very nice guitar as well!
When are you coming to No. VA to play my Scarlet Fire Wolf and Philtone Tiger Jerrycaster?!
 #147787  by eric

I really dig that thing. The replicas and clones posted here are, of course, totally badass.. But the 'inspired by' pieces such as The Jerrybird are what really tickle my fancy.. Congrats