Chat about Equipment Info
 #147660  by Anitrak

So it begs the question, if Top Hat wasn't at the show, and Trey doesn't have it. Why was it pulled from the Rock and Roll Museum? I was under the impression that the Dead owned all of Jer's guitars in his possession when he died.
 #147661  by zambiland

Anitrak wrote:So it begs the question, if Top Hat wasn't at the show, and Trey doesn't have it. Why was it pulled from the Rock and Roll Museum? I was under the impression that the Dead owned all of Jer's guitars in his possession when he died.
I don't exactly know who owns what, but Jerry's will specified that the guitars go back to their makers upon his death. Irwin auctioned off Tiger and Wolf. I don't know about any of the others.

There was plenty of press about all this, due to the court battles and to the high prices the guitars fetched.
 #147670  by TI4-1009

Unsustantiated rumers that Tiger glowed and levitated during Stella Blue. :-)
 #147690  by Anitrak

zambiland wrote:
Anitrak wrote:So it begs the question, if Top Hat wasn't at the show, and Trey doesn't have it. Why was it pulled from the Rock and Roll Museum? I was under the impression that the Dead owned all of Jer's guitars in his possession when he died.
I don't exactly know who owns what, but Jerry's will specified that the guitars go back to their makers upon his death. Irwin auctioned off Tiger and Wolf. I don't know about any of the others.

There was plenty of press about all this, due to the court battles and to the high prices the guitars fetched.
Yeah I should have proof-read. I know Wolf, Tiger, and the Beans are all privately held. and that wolf and Tiger went back to Doug. But I thought that settlement was that the Dead kept the others. Hence why they're at the Rock and Roll HOF.