Chat about Equipment Info
 #146981  by Naataanii

I've heard some speculation, but how cool would it be to see Trey break out Wolf, Tiger and Rosebud at the Fare the well shows in Chicago? The hardest one to get would be Tiger since J. Irsay has it, but sure would be nice to see it played by someone with real talent rather collecting dust in his mansion somewhere.

I created a page dedicated to the release of Tiger back to the wild of the RRHOF. and can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Tig ... 703?__nodl

Peace to all.

SGP
 #146983  by TI4-1009

We've gone down this road already.

Tiger's not in his "mansion", it's in his Colts office. And he's let actual Deadheads come in and play it. He's not the bad guy here. Jer gave it back to The Creator, and he sold it fair and square.

Any Deadhead (or the band) with a million bucks or so had their chance to buy Tiger.
 #146988  by Jon S.

My take differs somewhat from yours but, as you wisely note, we've been down this road before.
 #146993  by Naataanii

So many roads. ....

But to the heart of the matter. How cool would it be to see these guitars back in action.

SGP
 #146999  by TI4-1009

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on having the guitars there- and generally available. Irsay had Tiger on display in Indy a few years ago and I drove the 650 miles just to say hi. But sometimes what we'd like and the way things are are not the same. Jer didn't say "Let the band or the heads decide after I'm gone"- he wanted them to go to Irwin. And he knew Irwin's situation, so I'm sure he knew what might happen.
 #147001  by Trecia

But Irsay does have the power to loan it to Trey for a night or two... You know he'll be there in a luxury box or three. And it would only raise the guitars value.... for his heirs preumably???? Think of the children, Jim!
Last edited by Trecia on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #147002  by Trecia

FWIW I also think they should build a Wall of Sound for the final shows and play some unaccompanied Jerry lead tracks at key breaks in certain songs... Dreaming never hurt anybody, right?
 #147144  by brbadg

Well the point is they are still trying to create something fresh this last go around.I would want Trey to do his thing.
 #147159  by Trecia

That's a very good point... Maybe just a song or two. I can totally see Trey fumbling with it too. But I think the audience might appreciate the gesture. But it got me thinking... I wouldn't mind seeing/hearing Trey exploring some different guitars and timbres in his own bands and projects... It's gotten to the point where phish-heads don't even think he's worthy of playing his old Doc's anymore. "Doesn't sound like 92!"...Lol.
 #147161  by strumminsix

softmachine72 wrote:did anyone consider whether Trey would want to play that guitar ?
Right?! As a gigging guitarist I say play with what inspires you. For me that's my #1. I best for Trey too.
 #147217  by softmachine72

I have heard some snippets of Trey practicing from a few months ago . He was sounding tonally different but, still very much like Trey. I have been told that he has been going back and not just learning the old dead stuff but , trying to get a handle on Jer's foundational influences. Which shows an interesting and serious approach to the gig . It must be a lot of pressure to get this thing right .I asked specifically which influences , I am waiting for the answer.
 #147288  by Anitrak

Tiger will be at the field museum. It was offered to trey and he turned it down. He doesn't want to have gear issues and the guitar hasn't been on stage in so long it worried him. Top hat is still missing from the the rock and roll hall of fame. And someone on another forum saw trey loading into TRI with multiple guitars. So there you go.
 #147518  by zambiland

Anitrak wrote:Tiger will be at the field museum. It was offered to trey and he turned it down. He doesn't want to have gear issues and the guitar hasn't been on stage in so long it worried him. Top hat is still missing from the the rock and roll hall of fame. And someone on another forum saw trey loading into TRI with multiple guitars. So there you go.
This makes sense to me. There's enough to worry about without having to learn a new guitar that may or may not be reliable.

That said, if I were in a similar situation on bass, I'd be all over playing Big Brown. But, my main bass isn't that different, minus the extra filters.