Chat about Equipment Info
 #9340  by hotasaPistol

Hey Now,
fairly new to this group
I have an old Music Man 410 HD 65/135 watt amp ( Johnny Winter actually played this amp the night he did a show at my place this year)
and an PRS Custom 22 Artist Series. The amp has two sides and one is straight forward and the other has tremelo that is adjustable( which I really dont care for)
Any advive for some effects and distortion besides turning up the gain. This amp is really loud and will vibrate the hardwood floor in my living room..
any way I have been playing a long time and am pretty much a rythymn player ala Guitar George in Sultans of Swing..Bobby is my hero....I really enjoy this site and am very much indebted to people like Ed because of their hard work I am learning a lot and actually playing some riffs and licks now that for years I had problems doing......So thanks to all and I really appreciate all and any help from you kind folks
Inside Outside Daytime Nighttime
Pistol

#9356  by China Cat

heavy distortion - electro harmonix big muff pi, dunlop dallas arbiter fuzz face, boss distortions, visual sound jekyll and hyde

Natural, lighter distortion/overdrive - ibanez tubescreamers, BBE boosta grande, visual sound rt. 66 american overdrive, boss overdrives

wah - vox wah, dunlop crybaby, snarling dogs (mostly wah and distortion combos), buddha budwah

Chorus, Echo, Reverb, Phase, etc - Electro harmonix, boss, ibanez, mxr, boss

#9368  by eyeprod

get yourself a good fuzz, overdrive or distortion pedal. all are a little different and there are many choices out there. I recomend going to a local music store and trying pedals out through a clean amp like your musicman. better yet, play them through your own amp and see which you like best. I have an all tube clean amp, a 71 ampeg V4, and I use a tube screamer to make it sound like it does when I crank it, only at lower volumes. I also have a couple of other pedals that help get that sound, like a keely katana clean boost and also a fuzz pedal for coloring my leads etc.