Chat about Equipment Info
 #120002  by Counterstriker

Hey guys I'm curious if anyone has gotten custom road/flight cases to order? I just ordered a 10 space baltic birch rack from Tracy over at SSP and I'm pretty sure im gonna need to invest in a case with some casters if i plan on ever moving it.. I was wondering if you guys could let me know some places that you ordered from!

Thanks alot!
 #120378  by playingdead

I made the mistake of initially loading all my rack gear into a 10-space plastic rack case ... it's weighed a ton and was ridiculously front heavy and prone to tipping. I split it into 6 and 4 space cases to make it more manageable. I can't even begin to imagine how heavy your rack will be ... hope you have a roadie!

However, I had a custom AVS flight case made for my Hard Truckers 2X12 cabinet and did many gigs with it. It was strong as hell (used to stack those racks on top of it along with the guitars and roll it out to the car) and had great casters. I would look into having one of those made. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for. Much higher quality than those cheaper custom cases you see on eBay which offer very little protection.

The baltic birch 2X12 with a pair of E-120s and the AVS case was well over 100 pounds, so I would expect your wooden rack cased to be really, really heavy. I used to use a dog ramp to roll my case into the wagon, you might need something more heavy duty if you're going to move it around.
 #120450  by Counterstriker

The hard trucker road case is something i'll look into, i want to have a real sturdy case so i know my stuff is safe. As for the weight.. I'm almost a little nervous when it arrives because of the weight issue haha. I went with the 10 because the pedal holder takes up 6, i need 2 for my poweramp, 1 space for my lexicon, and one for the gcx. I've helped my friend move his hammond b-3 many times so the rack shouldnt be too bad.. although i know my back will be sore the day after moving it! as for the ramp, I was at a yard sale and found a aluminum collapsible ramp that was used for a handicapped person. Works wonders!