Chat about Equipment Info
 #111896  by tigerstrat

The whole auction is listed now... Jerry's late 80's Takamine, Jerry's paintings, drawings, set lists, Harley, Merl Saunders' leather cap, Billy's drums... HOLY POOP!
 #114044  by broesau

Well, it didn't sell. Not a big shocker. Actually it didn't appear to be a very successful auction. The acoustic Takamine sold for over $60,000, not surprising considering the well documented history and provenance.
 #114089  by tigerstrat

7/9/88 Frost Amph., Palo Alto, CA ... first time I saw Jerry w/o the Dead.
 #122238  by tigerstrat

This is a flash-based folio so the images can't be directly linked, but... http://www.rnr-images.com/ "Portfolio"> "Music" > pg 2/7> thumby in upper right corner = Jerry w/ Ibanez Musician(and Bobby with matching one), Eugene, Oregon 6/25/78

this is the photo hanging at Roseland Theater in Portland, that I have often mentioned .
 #122699  by LivingDead

Was 6-25-78 the only date Jerry played a Musician or were there other days? I'm curious to see if there's any difference between the Bean, Wolf and the Musician.
 #122767  by tigerstrat

LivingDead wrote:Was 6-25-78 the only date Jerry played a Musician or were there other days? I'm curious to see if there's any difference between the Bean, Wolf and the Musician.
It would seem to be the only GD show. He is pictured in an undated Keystone photo that would probably come from one of the 4 (awesome!!!) JGB shows there in June '78.
 #134020  by JoeV

Yes, it's my guitar. I bought it at about 17 years ago. The previous owner bought it at the Frankfurt Musicmesse around 1980. I always felled it was a special guitar but only found out the whole story after the Jerry Garcia auction. 17 years ago, there wasn't that much info on the internet... Proud to have it in my small collection and glad I'm able to share these pics with you guys.
 #134034  by jerrys.kids

Wow what a beauty!! Very cool Joe.
 #166539  by Ronbow

mkaufman wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:09 am Here's the pic of Jerry's Musician from The Untold Story. It has a special Jerry Garcia neck inlay. Actually, Jerry's has an extra knob. I wonder if it's the same guitar what was modded afterwards?

mk
Wondering if there is a higher-res image of the Garcia prototype pictured in the book...