#21038  by caspersvapors

and also why isnt there more posts about this song?!

I personally love the one on Dozin @ the Knick

#21056  by tigerstrat

Off the top of my head, 6/14/85 at the Greek, right out of Space.

#21068  by nicolasalk

12/19/73 from dicks picks 1.

the other one enters into a beautiful jam, and then from the middle of the heaven: STELLA BLUE... which finishes in an Around And Around, which i don't like much, but, Incredible Stella

#21134  by tigerstrat

As I recall, Bruce was particularly awesome on Stella.

#21137  by AugustWest

10/21/78 is the one for me. I am not a huge 77-78 fan but this is magic. The second set after drums space is one of the best post drumz back end of a grateful dead concert I have ever heard. One of the best post haitus other ones that leads into it. If you liked the other one>stella blue from dicks picks one you have to check this one out.

#21143  by d-v-s

The first Stella that I heard was the one on So Many Roads - 4/21/78 Rupp Arena, KY. From the first time I heard it, this version has always moved me. Jerry's lead starting around minute 9 of the song is ... well, words just cheapen it. I'm sure there are better one's out there, but I haven't come across one, yet.

#21165  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Freedom Hall 6/19/74

Other One > It's a Sin > Stella

Maybe the most listened to bootleg during my Deaducation years.

For Stella, I am a sucker for the 73 and 74 versions. Need that subtle Keith to mellow it all out. The 80's and 90's were nice with Jerry's more mature voice, and relevant lyrics about getting old, but I still like the versions from 73 and 74 the best.

This one is just right for me.
 #21170  by astroman99

:smile:
Well the year is 1982, it is my Birthday, and I am at Red Rocks, waitin for my Birthday song, and just then Jerry goes into a magnifacint Stella, "When all the years combine.."I knew it was especially for me.. 7-27-82, check it out,
1982='s very hot dead

#21177  by bodiddley

My favorite versions are 12-30-86 and 8-1-94.

#21178  by lostsailor8782

AugustWest wrote:10/21/78 is the one for me. I am not a huge 77-78 fan but this is magic. The second set after drums space is one of the best post drumz back end of a grateful dead concert I have ever heard. One of the best post haitus other ones that leads into it. If you liked the other one>stella blue from dicks picks one you have to check this one out.
just gave the second set a listen ..... NICE !!!
 #55230  by lost sailor

My favorite is 7-13-76, Orpheum Theater in San Francisco --- Sugar Magnolia>Stella Blue>Sunshine Daydream very sweet leads
 #62151  by deadleg

dozin at the knick amazing solo asending descending minds were read that night
 #62157  by jdsmodulus

I like the last few Stella's from 94>95 when Jerry would sing the end over and over. I also think it was like an old friend to him looking back at the whole thing amazing!
 #62159  by amyjared

Man, I love this song. It's so beautiful, it's almost moved me to tears on several occasions. I love the versions where it gets so so quiet it's almost like no one's playing anything on stage and there's just Jer in the spot singing his heart out. Yikes! I remember one of my first trips to the Bay area for shows and getting stuck one night in SF and ending up staying at the Royan in the Castro, blinking neon sign, room usually rented by the hour...didn't even take the covers off the bed, just slept on top...and all the while singing this song to ourselves.

My favorite versions are everyone I was at!