#17209  by phreaker

Not too sure about Ratdog, only seen them once, but Phil still frequently plays Viola, the 11, and a few of the other oldies.

#17270  by shakedown_04092

I don't know why, but I never thought of VLB being all that hard to play...the beat comes very easy and feels natural.

As for Ratdog, I don't think they've ever played VLB, but as Phreaker said, Phil very much plays it w/ his band(s), and it's damn good!

I bet if Jer were to have stuck with us for a few more years, the Dead would've brought back songs like VLB, The Eleven, St. Stephen, Cryptical, Cosmic Charlie, Casey Jones (regularly I mean...I know they brought it back in '92...or was it '93?), Alligator, Golden Road, Born Cross-eyed, Rosemary, the Sailor > Saint combo, Lazy Lightning > Supplication, and all the other ones that fell off the wagon way back. Maybe even some Piggy songs like King Bee & Easy Wind? And wouldn't it have been great to hear a '96 version of King Solomon's or Stronger Than Dirt?

I think they were only scratching the surface w/ the breakout of Unbroken in Philly.

#17288  by Rev_Roach

Viola Lee Blues is the first song I ever saw played by The Other Ones, they opened with it at MSG in fall 02. I naievely (sp?) didnt know what it was :x

#17300  by deadguise

I think they just got bored of it. Later on they had so many better songs (IMO) that could "take flight" it just got Mothballed. Maybe they thought it was too dated or had reached a level of more sophistication. My band happens to play it occaisionally but I'd much rather do the Cassidy, Playing or Let it Grow jams.

#17362  by nicolasalk

this can sound like an estupid question but

i don't know what does it meand "IMO"

can anyone tell me

thank you very much

#17363  by BuddhaG

in my opinion = IMO

i heard that the boys were working out songs a la the style of black muddy river and more folky stuff like that, preparing to make a new album, when it all fell apart. i would have loved to hear any new songs written by jerry :cry:

oh well, theres still so much to enjoy

#17370  by shakedown_04092

nicolasalk wrote:this can sound like an estupid question but

i don't know what does it meand "IMO"

can anyone tell me

thank you very much
Not estupid at all....there are still abbreviations like that that I'm still trying to figure out too :oops: . Some I've learned from here. It takes a while, just as with any "language".

BTW (by the way): :p

IMHO = in my humble opinion

while we're at it....any other abbreviations that are commonly used that folks want to share (I realize how off topic this is....but what the heck)

#17371  by ebick

I saw one on our local community forum I had not seen before, had me ROTFLMAO (Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off)

BOHICA

= Bend Over, Here It Comes Again :)

#17372  by shakedown_04092

hahaha....good one Ed...

AND BY THE WAY:

NEVER POST AGAIN!!!!!!

Check out your SWEET avatar!!! YESSSSSSS!!! :cool:

#17377  by nicolasalk

thanks BuddhaG and shakedown_04092
 #60292  by hotasaPistol

They opened the second set at Albany with it this tour..
My first time hearing it live and I really got off on it . I think they did too..it cooked

Pistol 8)