#85059  by chummy

What are the chords or notes that they play right after the "let it shine let it shine" That little break befor the drum fill.
 #85061  by strumminsix

chummy wrote:What are the chords or notes that they play right after the "let it shine let it shine" That little break befor the drum fill.
It's the R&B trick of "3 up and 1 down"

E D A
E D A
E D A
A D E

It doesn't sound right at first but it very much is, amigo!
 #85071  by chummy

Thanks man. Pretty much got it down except for that part. I have a gig Sat and we are going to play it right this time! That break threw a left to the head everytime we approached it.
 #142920  by flyingheelhook

So I need to learn this part quick but as Strummin' said, it isn't sounding right to my ear. Can anyone point me to a good video with Bob or even of their own showing this part? Thanks regardless - I'll fake this if I have to.
 #142937  by Searing75

It's G# F# E B C# E
G# B C# B C# E
 #175274  by Stardarkashes

As far as the chords for this part go I like the sound of
“Feel alright “ (chord punches start right after “alright “)
Emaj/E7/A7
“Feel alright “
Emaj/E7/A7
Emaj/E7/A7
A7/A7/Emaj
And I mute the first 2 chord punches of each line letting the 3rd ring out more before moving on to the next set of punches 👊👊👊.
If you want to you can just do the E7 instead of going from the E major to the E7 and it’s still sounds perfectly fine.
And after you land on the A7 you can lift your finger off the c# note (2nd fret on the b string) and hammer from the open b string b note back down onto the c# again and then hit the open e string before going back to the next set of punches. Sometimes Jerry will add more notes to this part on the second set of punches. For instance open b string hammer on to the c# as before but then pull off to the open b string again before hitting the e note twice this time. He obviously does several variations and you can do it all over the neck but if you’re playing by yourself in particular, this is where you would want to do it unless you’re playing the chords, higher up the neck.

There’s lots of things you can do with the lead obviously
I find that if I do the D major chord instead of the E7 it sounds too much like I’m playing pocky Way. 😂