#11209  by jck_strw

How do other people play that third line of the verse?

"You know you bound to wind up dead, "

C, then what? And what fingering do others use for that Dm7?

#11210  by strumminsix

Depends on what your band is comprised of and what the song needs based on your band mix. Inherently, that part of the song is very subtle musically.

So, for my part I do a chromatic walkdown from a high E to the D with very fast picking then down the the C.

But in my situation there is another guitarist playing the chords and the keys keying away.

#11211  by jck_strw

Solo. Acoustic. Living Room. I'm just playing the chords, but the chord following the C (marked * on the tab) doesn't sound right and then I'm not sure where/how to finger the Dm7 to get back to the C-C7.

#11217  by Billbbill

w/o guitar in hand I play these forms:

---C
e----
b--5--
g--5--
d--5--
a--3--

---Cdim
e----
b--4--
g--5--
d--4--
a--3--

---?-Substitute for the Dm7
e----
b--3--
g--5--
d--3--
a--3--

---C
e----
b--1--
g--0--
d--2--
a--3--

I kinda pick this out. Don't know the chord references of the 2 middle forms. I have no "inside" knowledge on this one, just sounds pretty decent.
Last edited by Billbbill on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#11218  by Billbbill

It's essentially this

b--5--4--3--1----
g------------
d--5--4--3--2----

with the C's and the open G in the last C. Maybe that C7 right before or after the last C as well if one is so moved? Again no guitar in hand.

#11220  by jck_strw

Cool, thanks. I'll give it a try when I get home this evening.

#11235  by b weird

Code: Select all
(C)You know you(Cdim7)bound to(F6/C)wind up dead(C7)
I play it like this.

Code: Select all
-Cdim7- 
e----- 
b--4-- 
g--2-- 
d--4-- 
a--3--  
E-----                                                     
-F6/C- 
e----- 
b--3-- 
g--2-- 
d--3-- 
a--3--  
E-----

#48293  by weirimpressed

thats one thing I never understood in the tab, it seemed to walk UP from the C to the Dm,

I always seem to play it walkin down...like from C to the Dm7 if that makes sense....

Ill post it out in my next class and see what yall think, esentially its the same thing b weird is talking about
 #60315  by Emoto

-F6/C-
e-----
b--3--
g--2--
d--3--
a--3--
E-----

wait a sec. how do i interrupt the span of my third finger with my second lower??? i'm not fingering it this way, so i don't really care, but is there really a way?
 #60324  by Rusty the Scoob

My guitar skills are limited to a really bad SRV impression but it looks like you'd play the regular E chord (up a fret) and then hit that 3rd fret B string with your pinky? It feels like it'd be a little crowded especially on those miniature toothpick necks with tiny strings that you guys somehow play, but seems like it'd work.
 #60325  by Emoto

Rusty the Scoob wrote:My guitar skills are limited to a really bad SRV impression but it looks like you'd play the regular E chord (up a fret) and then hit that 3rd fret B string with your pinky? It feels like it'd be a little crowded especially on those miniature toothpick necks with tiny strings that you guys somehow play, but seems like it'd work.
Oh, stupid me. I am a relative newcomer to stuff typed out like this, and I was thinking of it like a chord diagram where they tell you which finger to use on which note. In this case, of course, it is just which fret. Please forgive me. This has been a very Monday sort of Monday, if you know what I mean...
 #60332  by strumminsix

Awesome seeing what I was doing 3 years ago compared to now... With the current band I play the following off the high 3 strings:
C7, B7, Bb7, C7 - C!

Re:

#67666  by Chuckles

Billbbill wrote: ---?-Substitute for the Dm7
e----
b--3--
g--5--
d--3--
a--3--
Would this technically be a C11/9?

I like this particular progression best...
 #67672  by Billbbill

Beats the shit outa me chuck - maybe, or sus4 instead of the 11

anyhoo I've refined this a bit since Dec/06 - damn almost 3 yrs ago. I don't really play the b string, until the last C - just the a, d & g strings - and I flat and finger pick it like this

(/) Slide Up (\) Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|--------------------------
B|--------------------------
G|--5--------5-----------5--
D|--5--5-----------5--------
A|--3-----3-----3-----3-----

B|--------------------------
G|--5--------5-----------5--
D|--4--4-----------4--------
A|--3-----3-----3-----3-----