#1823  by settledowneasy91

could someone please tab out the slide part of this song, a good template being the live closing of winterland version?
Hopfully thanks
 #97335  by jearbear72

Im not exactly sure about the slide parts bob does in the closing of winterland but on the shakedown street version it does something like this in between the verses

e _________12_________8/12_____________________________

b ____10/12___12/10_8__________________________________

I usually just mimick the lick without the slide and do it on the g and b like so

b _______8_________8/10___________________________________

g ____7/9___9/7__5__________________________________________

this isnt exactly correct as it is a result of ten minutes of trying to figure it out. hope it helps
 #97336  by NashvilleMike

Almost 6 years for an answer?
 #97359  by JonnyBoy

The great thing and also the draw back to Bobby's slide playing is that he played everything in standard tuning. With that, you should be able to find the sweet spot and work it out... So you don't have to drop tune to play Bobby slide parts easily.
 #97364  by strumminsix

JonnyBoy wrote:The great thing and also the draw back to Bobby's slide playing is that he played everything in standard tuning. With that, you should be able to find the sweet spot and work it out... So you don't have to drop tune to play Bobby slide parts easily.
Jonny, I love slide in standard. It let's me slide and fret at the same team sooooo easily!

Think Little Red Rooster - Weir's intro is a hybrid. Albeit very simple you get my drift.
 #97365  by tcsned

strumminsix wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote:The great thing and also the draw back to Bobby's slide playing is that he played everything in standard tuning. With that, you should be able to find the sweet spot and work it out... So you don't have to drop tune to play Bobby slide parts easily.
Jonny, I love slide in standard. It let's me slide and fret at the same team sooooo easily!

Think Little Red Rooster - Weir's intro is a hybrid. Albeit very simple you get my drift.
I like standard tuning too - less thinking involved but for anything with a country/blues feel I do open G or at least drop the high-E to a D I never could get used to playing in open-E.
 #97367  by jearbear72

For me I use standard only when im doing temporary slide parts, but I love using the open D for slide probably because im so familiar with it from fooling around on duane allman tunes. When my band plays deal live I like to have an open D acoustic set up that I pick out the verse solo on, which isnt in the deads version, but it still sounds phenominal.