#123769  by musicmike

hay lunchbox you got a great start and if I were you I would check out rusty's vids on how to play phil stuff. I am a music teacher with two degrees in music and rusty is the man! To get the sound you are looking for try playing just notes on your bass not songs and listen to your tone and work on that. most of your tone comes from how you articulate the note "pick", your EQ., and how the note ends. for phll sound use a 2mil. pick. in your vid. you said that your ear is not the best, well what are you doing about it! try earbeaters its a free program : } this will also help with fundamentals in music theory. start at the beginning and work your way through it. the best way is a little at a time that is do a little every day. best of luck from upstate NY. peace mike; link to earbeaters http://www.earbeater.com/
 #141750  by zambiland

Checking out the second Rusty video, I just want to point out that the first line of the verse, when the guitars walk down to D, the bass actually plays A and Bb, the D being the third of the Bb chord. I have to run, but I can't wait to see the rest of it! Thanks for doing it!

I had the whole 70s version worked out for the beginning of Slipknot (up to the jam and also out of the jam), but my band keeps playing the 80s version, so it's a little lost at this point, but maybe I can work it up again and post a video.

Not a tab guy, but if I was really motivated, I would put it together in standard notation.
 #141758  by Rusty the Scoob

I just want to point out that the first line of the verse, when the guitars walk down to D, the bass actually plays A and Bb, the D being the third of the Bb chord. I have to run, but I can't wait to see the rest of it! Thanks for doing it!
Thank you! I need to check that out.