#8632  by jahozer

THats awesome, Ed!!!!
Keep it up. Maybe we can all pitch in with some vids, if its logistically possible!!!
I cant thank you guys enough for the awesome resource you have been providing, and the for the posters in the forums!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

#8638  by bodiddley

Has anyone here bought that Grateful Dead guitar instructional DVD? It has like 10 songs on it. I'm just wondering if it's any good. Saw it at Guitar Center the other day and it's about $25.00.

#8639  by jck_strw

bodiddley wrote:Has anyone here bought that Grateful Dead guitar instructional DVD? It has like 10 songs on it. I'm just wondering if it's any good. Saw it at Guitar Center the other day and it's about $25.00.
Legendary Licks? Yes, it's awesome. I'm surprised I haven't heard/read more about it (especially here). I highly recommend picking it up.

#8641  by HOWEYMAN

bodiddley wrote:Has anyone here bought that Grateful Dead guitar instructional DVD? It has like 10 songs on it. I'm just wondering if it's any good. Saw it at Guitar Center the other day and it's about $25.00.
I have had this vid for a while now, and yes it is good. A lot of material for the price of one or two guitar lessons. Been waiting for another vid with differn't tunes.

#8643  by ebick

As I do not have this, I'll ask the question. How does it compare to what we are doing with the videos?

I expect that it would be more professionally done, but in terms of content.....

#8644  by amyjared

I've had the dvd for awhile and I highly recommend it. I even wrote to the guy who gives the instruction to request another (he said he forwards these to the powers that be, so anyone doing the same would be helpful).
As for how it compares...it's similar and different. Similar in that he shows you the licks at speed and then slows them down to a manageable speed. Different in that he shows ALL the licks for the song, both Jerry's and Bobby's. It's fun to learn the Jerry lick and then while he is doing the Bobby lick, play the Jerry lick you learned. He also talks about what effects to use and uses different guitars for the different sounds (Jerry/Bobby). He also doesn't include any tab, which is a downside. As far as content, I would say that his is more of the whole song while this site is more comprehensive.
I am thankful for both his dvd and the fact that you folks are starting to put vid on this site. Keep it up!

#8645  by bodiddley

Good stuff on Scarlett Ed,can we see some more songs? Thanks a bunch!

Dan

#8646  by HOWEYMAN

With the DVD you get the pick hand view also, which helps me out sometimes, but amyjared is correct, no tab, which would, for me, help a bunch, for I could pause the tab on the screen and play it until I get it.

#8647  by ebick

bodiddley wrote:Good stuff on Scarlett Ed,can we see some more songs? Thanks a bunch!

Dan
all in good time.

remember.....this is a volunteer effort. there's a few things ahead of it on the ol' priority list.

That said.....

Terrapin is next and should be ready soon.

#8648  by steve

Terrapin? nice one! these videos are great

#8650  by phpbb

It cannot be OVERstated how much time Ed, BillbBill, Strumminsix and jck_strw take out of their days to put these things together.

That being said, if your willin', we are always looking for more volunteers and different perspectives.

Contact me by IM if you are interested...

#8652  by HOWEYMAN

Is there a way to copy these video files for guitar instructions? My computer at home is just a dial up and I can't stream. If I could download them to my hard drive I could play them without having to get on line and waiting for the stream, which is basically slowwwwwwwwwwww. Thanks

#8653  by bodiddley

I'm sure you got other priorities. Sorry if that sounded greedy, all good things in all good time I guess. I am grateful for all the hard work. Terrapin would be sweet. I will have to think twice about buying that GD instructional DVD if it doesn't even have tabs since I can never figure out where the hell someone is placing their fingers(there's a foul joke in there somewhere).