amyjared wrote:Here are some great reasons not to buy coors:

http://www.corporations.org/coors/

The best reason is because it's a poor quality beer. Some of my faves include:

Microbrews:
Fat Tire
Anchor Steam
Anderson Valley (It's hop ottin!)
Red Tail
Deschutes (Mirror Pond is their best,imho)

British Brews:
Bass
Samuel Smith (the best oatmeal stout available)
Newcastle (a smooth Brown beer)
amyjared, anything from Anderson Valley is awesome. That beer is one that I really miss living abroad. Eye of the Hairball is a seasonal that they only make in 22oz bottles that is particulary good. And I gotta agree about the Sammy Smith. Very tasty Nut Brown, better that Newcastle, which I also love btw.

In reference to the Fountain, check out this essay on David Dodd's site. Interesting read.

http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/ripple.html#analysis

#14450  by bodiddley

Isn't Coors run by a bunch of right-wing Homo hating neo Nazi's? Their Beer is piss anyway. Screw them.

#22220  by Bluemoon

i've always looked at the same way as tiger strat, that it represents music

#22221  by heavynylon

Music is certainly a reasonable interpretation. However, to me, the fountain represents heaven, or whatever you might consider the ultimate state of being in the afterlife. Then the path that is for your steps alone is one's individual, lifelong journey towards spiritual enlightenment.

Too heavy? Oh well, maybe is really is about beer.:)
 #23932  by Oscillation

hogwldfltr wrote:What is the fountain not made by the hands of men?

-Lee
One can only assume that it is a fountain created by non human druid type creatures.
 #23949  by strumminsix

Oscillation wrote:
hogwldfltr wrote:What is the fountain not made by the hands of men?

-Lee
One can only assume that it is a fountain created by non human druid type creatures.
I read into it as a metaphor...

Fountain being a source for something you need - ie water.
Not made by hands but by thoughts, intentions and words.

#23976  by ronster

I read into it as a metaphor...

Fountain being a source for something you need - ie water.
Not made by hands but by thoughts, intentions and words.
I've been smoke free for a little while now and simply read it as a naturally made fountain or spring given to us by the big guy.

#24004  by Oscillation

thats the great thing about poetry...we all interpret it as something slightly different but we all like the fountain! So the fountain is a good thing!
 #148876  by PeggyO

Love how this rippled into talk of beer.
And I feel for you, tigerstrat.

I always thought the fountain not made by the hands of men is the many geysers that are naturally occurring.
 #148879  by aiq

I am not religious but appreciate metaphysical curiousity.

The fountain not built by the hands of man to me is there is mystery which may be meditated upon, with the possiblity of connection to something more than the perceived reality...energy, group mind, whatever.

But the beer thing is good too.
 #148891  by mgbills

I've meditated for many a long year on that line. I'm not religious, but it occurs to me that we actually never left the garden.

It's all right here, if you open your mind & open your heart. Trials always come to take our minds away, but it is always there.

Reach out your hand...if your cup be empty.
Perhaps to the fountain where The Muse, creativity, caring, love, joy... goodness spring forth. And at times we're all in need.

If you're cup is full may it be again.
Be Grateful, for this too shall pass. Ain't no time to hate...barely time to wait.

Let it be known...
Well..maybe it all comes from "somewhere" or maybe it just comes from within us.
But even for an old guy who hung up Mom & Pops Old time religion...this song will always be a Hymn.

Peace
M
...Oh...and Fuck Coors. I hate those old boy networks in the beer business. Bunch of hoodlum crony bastards.
:smile: :smile: :smile: