#13453  by shakedown_04092

Oregon State Prison, 5/5/82 (I think...)

#13456  by nicolasalk

shakedown_04092 wrote:Oregon State Prison, 5/5/82 (I think...)
I don't think that show exists

#13471  by shakedown_04092

It's a solo Jerry show. It exists, I have it. Great show.

#13473  by tigerstrat

7/9/88 JGAB at the Frost - my first Jerry show!

#13509  by nicolasalk

shakedown_04092 wrote:It's a solo Jerry show. It exists, I have it. Great show.

oh ok, i tought it was a dead show, thanks, i'm gonna get it

#13522  by Shaggy

Ripple is pretty much Ripple.

So I'll take the American Beauty version, probably the high water mark point for the dead in the studio.
 #93428  by Cmnaround

nicolasalk wrote:I really love the 09/03/88 one.

Thanks.
Agreed - 9/3/88 at the cap center in landover - mainly because I was there - and everyone was totally caught off guard with that one - wow talk about good times. Did the dead ever break it out again after that or only JGB shows? I know I can look it up but it's more fun checking w the collective memory out there -
 #93484  by Cmnaround

Yep that's the story I heard over the years. Always wondered why some songs would just drop off the rotation for a while - like saint Stephen, dark star, help>slip>franklins...ripple??

Maybe they wanted to keep it fresh - just got bored with them - or did them enough justice while they were being played that there just wasn't anything more to say with those tunes for a while.
 #93485  by Scott Bardolf

The one from Ladies and Gentlemen, because you can really hear the Jerry/Bob harmony, very crafty and a good learning tool for anyone looking to better understand vocal harmony. P.S. I think they mixed Phil off of this whole 4 CD show.
 #93487  by Charlie

I'm very partial to the vanilla caramel swirl with crushed nuts. (Sorry)
I'd have to go with the American Beauty Ripple although the Reckoning Ripple is pretty good too.
 #93599  by Pete B.

Someone gave me the "Arista Years" CD's last holiday season.
I heard Jer croak out the following line in Black Muddy River (studio version) yesterday on my way up to the slopes...

"...And listen to the Ripples as they moan..."

:hail:

I think I'm more of a Reckoning guy when it comes to this one.
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Grateful+De ... src=onebox