#123  by Hippie12

Anyone have any solos tabbed out for this song?? Thank would be awesome. Thanks

#389  by the11

d00d that website was confusing. if you want to solo over it just solo over it , it can't sound that bad if you are familiar with the song. just jam man.

#4268  by caspersvapors

haha I like this guys approach, just rock out with your c*ck out :cool:
 #62911  by Mick

Well, since no one ever posted one, I'll put up a simple one. This started as my transcription of the solo from DP20, but I have changed a few notes here and there, but really not much so it should still be pretty close:

G- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -23 -21 -19 - - - 21- 21- 21- 21- - - -21 -
D- 9/12- 14- 16- 19- 24- 19- - - - - - - - - 21- - - - - - - - - - - -19 - - -

6/1 2 3 5 1 5 3 2 1 6 2 2 2 2 1 2

G- 19- 19- 21- 21- 23- 23- 23- 19- 19- 24/23 -23 -19 - - - - - -19 -23 -21/19 - - - - - - - - -
D- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -21 -23 - - - - - - - - - - -23/21 -19 - -

1 1 2 2 3 3 3 1 1 4/3 3 1 6 7 1 3 2/1 7/6 5

G- - - - - - - - - - - -23 -19 -21 - - - -19 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
D- 19- 19- 21- 23- - - - - - - - - 23- - - - 21- 19 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5 5 6 7 3 1 2 7 1 6 5

G- - - - - - - - - - - - - 23- 19- 21- - - -19 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
D- 9/12- 19- 19- 21- - - - - - - - - 23- - - -21 -19 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6/1 5 5 6 3 1 2 7 1 6 5

G- - - - - - - - - - - 21- 23- 23- 21- 19- 19- 21- 21- 23- 23- 23- 19- - - - - - - - - - - - -
D- 12 -12 -14/16 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 1 2/3 2 3 3 2 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 1

G- -19 -24/23 -23 p 19 - - - - - -19 -23 -21p19 - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
D- - - - - - - - - - - - 21- 23- - - - - - - - - - - -23p21 -19- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 4/3 3p1 6 7 1 3 2p1 7p6 5

The version on DP20 is in D major, as is the tab above. I am sometimes fond of playing around with this song in the key of A major, so I added the key numbers below each line. Following these will make it "key agnostic". I think this is a cool solo, and a cool song, easy to learn and play. You can clearly hear the melody in the solo, especially when he is moving down the key from 4 to 5 at the end of two of the phrases, sounding very much like "get out when they blow" and "one go down, do yourself a favor"
 #62913  by strumminsix

Mick wrote: G- -19 -24/23 -23 p 19 - - - - - -19 -23 -21p19 - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
D- - - - - - - - - - - - 21- 23- - - - - - - - - - - -23p21 -19- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 4/3 3p1 6 7 1 3 2p1 7p6 5

The version on DP20 is in D major, as is the tab above. I am sometimes fond of playing around with this song in the key of A major, so I added the key numbers below each line.
That is super cool! I've been more thinking of #s verses notes and fret and hearing that interaction / interplay between them and it's eye opening!
 #62915  by Mick

strumminsix wrote:That is super cool! I've been more thinking of #s verses notes and fret and hearing that interaction / interplay between them and it's eye opening!
Changing your mind on your "Mick only knows tab" comments?

As I said before, I started out "thinking" in tab, but I couldn't get very far with that. I find it darn near impossible to compare what Jerry, for example, is saying in the solos without comparing what he is doing with the melody. Comparing the melody in the tabbed solo to the melody in my head, which is in the key numbers, was virtually impossible. Someday, when the whole fretboard is second nature to me in two or three different lanuguages, maybe I will be able to do that, but not yet. Using the key numbers has advantages and disadvantages too. With Ramble On Rose, the song follows the major chord very closely and has no accidentals. Jerry also didn't play any accidentals in the solo I tabbed above either, so the comparison I was speaking of: song melody to solo, is very easy. However, the rhythm of the song uses chords with outside notes in them, which can cause some brain-strain to the more novice of us like myself.

From reading this morning, I realized I promised some tab on GDTRFB last year, and never delivered. I will have to pull out some of what I have and take another look at it, it has been a year since I have looked at my notes on that, so that should be interesting. GDTRFB is chock full of accidentals in the melody, but the rhythm uses few outside chords if I recall correctly, so it should be a completely different animal than the above.

P. S. I couldn't get the lines to line up the way I wanted, but I think you can tell where the notes go. The ones on the D string should fit into the gaps in the notes on the G string etc.
 #62916  by Tennessee Jedi

Mick
Love this tune.
For whatever reason i can never get the intro riff working with the drummer.
Really pisses me off as its a great tune and the INTRO is holding me back !
Love the bending Jerry does in the solo ... very melodic and lyrical.
:smile:
 #62917  by Mick

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Mick
Love this tune.
My recollection of the DP20 version is that there isn't much percussion in the intro at all. Of course, that doesn't mean that your band shouldn't have it!

As far as the bends: as usual, Jerry does do a fair amount of bending and adds vibrato with his fingers for emphasis in various places. I generally make no attempt to put those in the tab though.
 #62926  by tigerstrat

The solo that is tabbed out is not a solo... it's more like hopscotch or color by numbers or something.
 #62932  by strumminsix

Mick wrote:
strumminsix wrote:That is super cool! I've been more thinking of #s verses notes and fret and hearing that interaction / interplay between them and it's eye opening!
Couldn't let it go? Figured a compliment was an olive branch. Now I see you'd prefer ill feelings and snarky comments.
 #62936  by Mick

strumminsix wrote:
Mick wrote:
Couldn't let it go? Figured a compliment was an olive branch. Now I see you'd prefer ill feelings and snarky comments.
No ill feelings on my part. Obviously there still are on yours. In case you haven't noticed, I thanked you for your time at the end of the other thread, just to be nice. Obviously, at that point, I had gotten past the ad hominem attack.
 #62940  by tigerstrat

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Mick
Love this tune.
A very familiar hurdle to clear for this tune. You must be getting close!
 #62943  by Mick

tigerstrat wrote:The solo that is tabbed out is not a solo... it's more like hopscotch or color by numbers or something.
As usual, it is intended to be a starting point for someone looking for such, as apparently the OP was.
 #62963  by deadguise

As with most Jerry solos, follow the melody and the chords:
add your pull-offs, trills, chromatics and tension notes to your liking....
a simple hack tab example:

Dmaj
e------------------------------------
b--/7----------------8-7-----------
g--/7------------7--------9-7-----
d--/7---------7----------------9-7
a--------8-9------------------------

Emaj
e-----------------------------------------
b--/9-----------------10-9--------------
g--/9--------------9---------11-9-------
d--/9-----------9------------------11-9-