#22683  by nicolasalk

Maybe this will seem strnge, maybe some of you will get angry, I dont know, but.

I've always thought this song could be sung by Jerry, i mean it would be perfect, just imagine it, especially the part:

Ah, Mother American Night
I'm lost from the light
Oh I'm drowning in you

opinions...
 #22685  by jdasa

nicolasalk wrote:Maybe this will seem strnge, maybe some of you will get angry, I dont know, but.
That does seem strange.

But I won't get angry...

#22697  by astroman99

Actually, if you look at the vocal history in the GD, I think Bobby's vocal on BTW, in that early era set the bar a little higher for himself and the GD, in other words I think Bobby did a great job on the vocs,
but to answer your question ...yes Jerry could sing it and probably do a good job on it! just like I think Willie Nelson can sing anything, including dead tunes

#22700  by Pete B.

I think Jer would need to move it to the Key of A to get it into his vocal range.
This one starts off near the lower end of Bobby's vocal range.

#22703  by BlobWeird

Eh I doubt itd be nearly as good. Think of the ending vocal jam when Jerry is wailin away in the background. Couldnt go without that. And the screams Bobby does.

#22704  by dre

astroman99 wrote:Actually, if you look at the vocal history in the GD, I think Bobby's vocal on BTW, in that early era set the bar a little higher for himself and the GD, in other words I think Bobby did a great job on the vocs,
but to answer your question ...yes Jerry could sing it and probably do a good job on it! just like I think Willie Nelson can sing anything, including dead tunes
Have you heard willie's version of stella blue? It's pretty good

#22705  by astroman99

No I haven't heard the Willie --Stella Blue, is it on a tribute album or live?
I remember after 911, I saw Willie sing America The Beautiful ..it was well beautiful, America's voice kinda of like Levon Helm

#22709  by dre

astroman99 wrote:No I haven't heard the Willie --Stella Blue, is it on a tribute album or live?
I remember after 911, I saw Willie sing America The Beautiful ..it was well beautiful, America's voice kinda of like Levon Helm
off of the album Songbird

#22722  by nicolasalk

CountryMile Cadillac wrote:Whats the matter with bobby singing it?
i'm not saying bobby sing it bad, but i imagine a Jerry version could be very interesting, I would love to hear one