What is stranger?

JGM84
No votes
0%
The coincidences
100%
 #40961  by JGM84

this is my first post on rukind's message board. I would have emailed this to david dodds web page, but he no longer updates it, and it seems that to use the "well" web page you need to pay, and to me, thats bunk.

so here is the deal, im sure many deadheads feel juxtaposition between the songs, and their own lives. i could easily fool myself into thinking i was a self estimated prophet, a saint stephen, but it is with MIssissipppi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo I find the most shocking similarities, and just want to throw them out there for the hell of it.

"on the day when I was born, daddy sat down and cried," im an only boy, and the last of my bloodline. my grandfather died in WWII and my father was his only son, and I my fathers only son, and my birth meant the world to him.

"I had the mark just as plain as day, it could not be denied," from my dad's mom side (her maiden name is Garcia, I was named after her father Juan Garica, thus the G in the JGM84) there is something that run in the family. It seems a lot of the Garcia's have a sertain quirk to their left ears, mine is very distinct.

"Half a cup of rock and rye," I'm from Michigan,and I always had thought that Jerry was singing about type of cola, Faygo makes here in Michigan. Its damn good, but I found out that its also a liquor a couple years back when i found david dodds web page.

"farewell to you old southern skies, im on my way, on my way" my father grew up in the San Louis vally of Colorado, its in the southern region of Colorado, and in the mid seventies he moves north east to michigan.

"cue ball's made of styrofoam and no one's got the time," On david dodds web page, it says that this is a Dow Chemical product. Dow Chemical originated in Midland, Michigan, my home town. My dad moved to Midland in the late seventies to work at Dow Chemical, where he retired from many years later.

"Across the Rio Grande-o, across the lazy river," is one that hits me hard after all these others. The town in southern Colorado which my dad was born and raised, Del Norte, has he Rio Grande running through it. Its not raging by any means, and is rather lazy. I didnt realize that it ran thru there until I moved out there last year, but find myself back in Michigan.

I'm sure as time goes on, this song will prove to be a self fulfilling prophecy for me, and just thought i'd share some of my own paranoia/illusions of whatever with you folks.

Those of you who read this, do you find these coincidences strange, or just me?

#40963  by Dozin

I think it's a cool coincident that a song can be twisted to tell your own personal story. Especially when it doesn't need that much twisting. Must be awesome when you hear it live.

#40984  by weirimpressed

thats wierd man

#41026  by bucketorain

You know its going to get stranger...

My 1st show was 3-30-88, my wife and i got married 7 years later on the same day..not intentional...

this is what is fantastic about the dead is that they meant so much to so many of us in different ways. this is what is special about them.

don't get me started....lol

#41049  by weirimpressed

youre lucky...no shows to my knowledge were ever played on my birthday or day of my birthday (December 5)