#109244  by gr8fullfred

Not sure about that...........................

But I will say that Jeff Mattson is the best Jerry Emulator out there. He is the only guy IMHO who nails Jerry so well that it really does sound like Jerry. I mean REALLY SOUNDS LIKE JERRY. Thanks Jeff, keep up the good work.
 #109275  by tigerstrat

gr8fullfred wrote:Not sure about that...........................

But I will say that Jeff Mattson is the best Jerry Emulator out there. He is the only guy IMHO who nails Jerry so well that it really does sound like Jerry. I mean REALLY SOUNDS LIKE JERRY. Thanks Jeff, keep up the good work.
I'm with you on that one- the hair apparent!
 #109303  by Octal

I was at that show. One thing I didn't like was how Jeff always leads them into big climactic jams. I'm a fan of carefully articulated emotion.

However, I remember the Space>Stella Blue was a velvety dream.
 #109311  by mgbills

Jeff definitely seems more confident than when I saw him in PDX last Spring. Can't go with "Best." In my humble opinion that Honor lands squarely with JK. I saw him play with DSO approximately 50 times, and saw him play Jerry great in broad strokes. But the real clincher is ...He got to go the "Big Show." ....And...they gave him his BigBoy Pants. I can think of no greater honor than to have Phil let him not only play Garcia, but then let out the reigns and let him be John.

I love DSO. Seen many shows which start to finish were better entertainment than my 115 GD shows. Nothing in this world compared to Jerry when he was in the groove. But, if I'm being honest...there were shows when I hoped for magic that never materialized. Furthur ...to me... has brought all the magic back.

But...opinions are like...

Peace
M