#97119  by acousticdave

Here's a lesson I just posted. It's Jerry first Solo on Big River off of One from the Vault. If you would like the tab you can Paypal $2- to dave@postroadgallery.com. Watch the lesson first. I slow it down quite a bit so you can really hear the subtle stuff Jerry does.

Dave B.
Last edited by acousticdave on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #97128  by Grateful Dad

Gr8fulGreg wrote:trying to make money off of tabs... tisk tisk
Agreed. I never heard of such a request. There are many, many people who laboriously create tabs and share them with the world gratis.

Now if you create the musical notation for the BR lead I may be tempted to pay the two dollars because I prefer actual notes to tab. But I think you will be hard pressed to find others that create GD tabs on this site who request money for their tabs. It just does not seem right.

Just my ,02

Thank you for the video.

:smile:
 #97129  by strumminsix

Acoustic dude, that video was great!

Please tell us that you are here to collaborate and not earn $2 one by one!

I understand labor of love and paid for time and your video will likely get most what they need.
 #97133  by JonnyBoy

SweeT! Very helpful to get the exact thing Jerry is doing. I have never had the patience to do that.You have truly made it easy for me. I wind up doing my own Jerryesque country pickin thing, but this sounds more authentic!! Thanks! :cool:
 #97157  by Billbbill

strumminsix wrote:Acoustic dude, that video was great!

I understand labor of love and paid for time and your video will likely get most what they need.

Me and acousticdave go way back - I can assure you he isn't looking to get rich on $2 tabs - labor of love and just looking for what he feels his time and effort are worth I'd guess. But he can certainly speak for himself. As you note - most of what anyone here would need is right there on the vid.

He's a tremendous bluegrass player as well - and as you can see on the vid he has a decent bank of knowledge that I imagine he'll share over time as posts and interests dictate.

Great job there dave! And welcome - finally! :smile:
 #97158  by strumminsix

Billbbill wrote:

Me and acousticdave go way back - I can assure you he isn't looking to get rich on $2 tabs - labor of love and just looking for what he feels his time and effort are worth I'd guess. But he can certainly speak for himself. As you note - most of what anyone here would need is right there on the vid.

He's a tremendous bluegrass player as well - and as you can see on the vid he has a decent bank of knowledge that I imagine he'll share over time as posts and interests dictate.

I figured, Bx2, but had to ask! I loved his usage of the minor third and how he (AD, well JG too) was simply cooking and pivoting around it.
 #97160  by Billbbill

strumminsix wrote:
Billbbill wrote:

I figured, Bx2, but had to ask! I loved his usage of the minor third and how he (AD, well JG too) was simply cooking and pivoting around it.
Understood Nick - I really dig when we all, well, dig into the nuance that defined jer's playing - it is as revealing as it is enigmatic when you think that this snippet is but a few frames of the 'movie' of his approach to playing guitar. Can make one feel pretty small if you're not careful! :-)