#103201  by Seth Fleishman

Nick,

Good idea. Here's your RUKIND special.

:smile: Use the coupon code RUKIND and get 25% all videos. Good starting today through Friday 9/16/2011. :smile:

http://www.gratefulguitarlessons.com

It's a fair point that some folks may not need as much of the content as others. I try to make them useful for anyone, by getting into the fundamental principles behind the licks. Some folks might know some of it already, for others I might move a little fast.

Considering the cost of a pack of smokes, I don't think it's a high price to pay for actual GD licks, analyzed and broken down and conceptualized. A 30 minute lesson in person costs 25 bucks, and you only get it once. The videos are under $10 and you get to watch them again and again, and you get tab, and a jam track.

Also, be aware some people don't know what they don't know. For example, I've seen posts here saying there's an E chord in Deal when it ain't so. And look at the stuff posted here re: Lost Sailor.

Anyway, for the price of lunch, it's worth a try, isn't it?

Seth
 #103204  by Seth Fleishman

Just yesterday I bought a 12oz bottle of pure maple syrup for 9 bucks. Yeah, it's a little more than the Aunt Jemima and Mrs Butterworths, but I don't want high fructose corn syrup on my pancakes. I want pure Maple Syrup. So I happily bought it. I slather it on, too, so that bottle will last for maybe 5 or 6 stacks of cakes. But to me, it's worth it. YMMV.

Seth
 #103208  by nabco

Hey Seth Fleishman,
Great to see you have joined in on the fun!!!

Hey you are very welcome here and please do continue to contribute to the conversations.

The first lessons that you posted on youtube for free are killer. I learned in 10 minutes the nuances that i have been struggling to replicate for 15 to 20 years.
You teach very well and I am very thankful for your sharing and I look forward to purchasing one of your lessons.
This board needs your input so PLEASE do not be discouraged by one or two disgruntled members, they are not the voice of the whole group
 #103209  by jester536

I just bought one of the lessons yesterday (Before the 25% discount!!!!) I think there is a lot of work in there and I for one feel like the price is right. I'm just not good at figuring out the subtle nuances in Garcia's playing and I appreciate someone who can and is willing to share. I also hope that Seth sticks around...I think he understands the music and that's what this is supposed to be about.
Personal note to Seth....got the Sugaree lesson...like it...just wish you had gotten into the riffs that Garcia does when things get really intense and he starts doing those blisteringly fast riffs...doubt I could ever pull it off but would have liked your take on it...and keep out all the high fructose corn syrup...I as well prefer to stick to the pure maple.
Thanks man.
 #103215  by Tennessee Jedi

I totally LOVE Seth's lessons and get so much out of them
Good practical theory with a Jerry/ Bob twist.
He's a good teacher IMHO
And he has a rabbit
:smile:
 #103216  by Seth Fleishman

That's true. I do have a rabbit. His name is Benjamin Franklin Bunny and he is a very smart, sometimes rascally bun. Although I seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot, he'll vouch for me, fwiw.
 #103217  by strumminsix

Seth Fleishman wrote:strumminsix....I apologize. I'll start over if you will. Let's call it a mulligan, the frailty of human nature, what have you. Fair enough?
Fair enough. Accepted and over. I have watched your videos and find that you have an awesome ear. I'd be more than interested in your contributions here on your take of things! I'll likely buy one or two as well.
 #103221  by jester536

I love a happy ending. In regards to drinking and posting....my bro has a sticky note on his monitor..."If it's truly funny...it will be funny tomorrow...don't drink and type!"
 #103222  by Seth Fleishman

Chord correction: A poster msged me and correctly pointed out the last chord in the acoustic video is not extended (Bbmaj13 or BbMaj7#11) It's a plain BbMaj7. simply eliminate the 1st string. I can't remember where I heard the extended version of that chord. Might have been in Saint of Circumstance or a different version. It all blurs together.

s
 #103255  by NWPines

Welcome aboard Seth!

I have found your free lessons on youtube to be very useful. I also think your paid lessons are fairly priced, especially given the fact that you are licensing the material. As you state, they are much less expensive than one-on-one lessons with a good teacher (which I feel can also be well worth the cost). I greatly appreciate you extending a discount to rukinders and will be purchasing a lesson or two tonight.

The perceived value of a product or service is very subjective and is based on an individual's situation. A very experienced professional guitarist might not see $9 in value as the lessons may be too simple for them. Someone who just picked up a guitar last week likely will also not see $9 in value as the lessons are far too complex. However, there are probably many out there (and here on this board) like me who can learn a ton from these lessons. I appreciate the work you have put in and see no problem with you making a living this way.

I do hope you will also stick around the board and share some of the knowledge you have.
 #103271  by Grateful Dad

After all is said and done, it is all about this incredible music that has the power to move us in so many ways.

Let's do all we can to get along and pass this gift on.

My sons (10 and 13) are jamming with me now on GD tunes (guitar and keys). It's an awesome experience as a father to play this music with them.

Welcome Seth!

"God Bless the Grateful Dead!" - Pierre Robert

:smile:
 #108109  by ndrewoods

NWPines wrote:Welcome aboard Seth!

I have found your free guitar lessons on youtube to be very useful. I also think your paid lessons are fairly priced, especially given the fact that you are licensing the material. As you state, they are much less expensive than one-on-one lessons with a good teacher (which I feel can also be well worth the cost). I greatly appreciate you extending a discount to rukinders and will be purchasing a lesson or two tonight.

The perceived value of a product or service is very subjective and is based on an individual's situation. A very experienced professional guitarist might not see $9 in value as the lessons may be too simple for them. Someone who just picked up a guitar last week likely will also not see $9 in value as the lessons are far too complex. However, there are probably many out there (and here on this board) like me who can learn a ton from these lessons. I appreciate the work you have put in and see no problem with you making a living this way.

I do hope you will also stick around the board and share some of the knowledge you have.
^ I agree. I seldom acknowledge people who give video lessons cause I prefer the traditional way of learning, having an instructor teaching you how to play the guitar. But I find your free lessons quite good enough and it is really fairly priced. Keep it up bud.
 #114145  by JonnyBoy

The only way seeming to prove learnig this song properly and finding all the nuances that are soooo important is to listen to it to the point of memorization. Like Strummin6 said its hours of study. The nuances, hamer on's, augmentations etc become more naturally clear. SUCH a cool/challenging study and MANY props to those bands/players doing it right. It is harder to me than learning help/slip/franklins trillogy IMO. Damn I missed the 25% lesson on this one!!!