#88311  by Billbbill

jkstraw wrote:nice bro! I love that tune too! Great job - thanks for posting.
Thanks jk - just edited the address as I deleted it as I'm slowly figuring out how to process vid from my little hd flip properly. Screwed up the first one and after careful investigation - figured out how to do it right! So I reprocessed and the vid and audio quality is better now.

Thanks for checking it out!
 #88359  by Billbbill

Tennessee Jedi wrote:What a great tune ... melody is haunting
Is Stella Blues Band gonna do an acoustic set soon ?
:smile:
We've talked about it but nothing solid yet. I've wanted to "bone up" on some acoustic stuff for a while now - whether Stella does something or I pursue something else - or I just post stuff on yt. As I was working with this it also felt like it could be pulled off on electric - might check that aspect out as well.
 #88492  by tcsned

Nice job! I love that tune.

I like playing the last measure as | G / / Dm | I think I stole that from a Tony Rice version.
 #88498  by Billbbill

tcsned wrote:Nice job! I love that tune.

I like playing the last measure as | G / / Dm | I think I stole that from a Tony Rice version.
Exactly! I saw a version of his on yt (after I did mine) and he said something like "what amounts to a G" for that. Seems most versions I saw are like that but sounded like an A7 on the jg versions I listened to and in retrospect I kinda like the A7. I think the vids I saw of jg confirmed the A7 thing but I could be wrong. There aren't many.
 #88505  by tcsned

Billbbill wrote:
tcsned wrote:Nice job! I love that tune.

Exactly! I saw a version of his on yt (after I did mine) and he said something like "what amounts to a G" for that. Seems most versions I saw are like that but sounded like an A7 on the jg versions I listened to and in retrospect I kinda like the A7. I think the vids I saw of jg confirmed the A7 thing but I could be wrong. There aren't many.
Yeah, I think Jerry used the A7 which works well in a Dm tune. I think that's how I originally learned it - then I starting singing it with my bluegrass band and the G drives the song more. The A7 is darker and suits the subject of the song better. Both are cool.