#59152  by EsteemedLocomotive

My sons love these song. They love the entire Not For Kids Only album, it is their nighttime lullabys, but they know Jenny Jenkins in particular, probably becuse it is the first one.
 #59155  by jackr

My kids like Teddy Bear Picnic
 #59161  by EdHead

Shenandoah Lullaby - my absolute favorite vocal recording of Jerry Garcia.
 #59182  by amyjared

My two girls really enjoyed that cd, played it out! Someone even gave us the book version of Jenny Jenkins (with bears that look like Garcia!), so that was a big fave, but my youngest daughter's favorite song was Ain't No Bugs On Me. I had to sing/play that one to her for months until finally it was replaced by Wagon Wheel (since my band does that song, so she hears it often) which she now knows all the words to, as well.

On a funny side note, my band played Casey Jones and since we had a friend named Casey (Actually K.C.) she took to the song and started singing it at age 3. We were slightly worried about her singing a certain line, until we heard her around the house, singing: "Drivin' that train, I am OK..." Out of the mouths of babes...
 #59183  by old man down

amyjared wrote: We were slightly worried about her singing a certain line, until we heard her around the house, singing: "Drivin' that train, I am OK..."
That's a good one; almost a perfect fit! :smile:
 #59185  by astroman99

EdHead wrote:Shenandoah Lullaby - my absolute favorite vocal recording of Jerry Garcia.
Listened to this the other nite, boy it really made me miss ole Jer real bad, also another great one is"first come to this country" :-)
 #59339  by EsteemedLocomotive

jackr wrote:My kids like Teddy Bear Picnic
All kids love Teddy Bears Picnic!
For me, Freight Train is also awesome.

Freight train, freight train, run so fast
Freight train, freight train, run so fast
Please don't tell what train I'm on
They won't know what route I'm going

When I'm dead and in my grave
No more good times here I crave
Place the stones at my head and feet
And tell them all I've gone to sleep