#164816  by ibrook52277

This is one of the songs I'm having a lot of trouble finding any resources for the Bob parts. I notice this one riff that Bob does over the D in the song in pretty much every version. Does anyone have a tab or a trick to nail this part? I caught it once in Sunshine Daydream but even when slowing the video down it's not a clear enough shot to figure out what he's doing with his hands as far as shapes and chords go. I've included links to some videos below in which you can clearly hear the lick. Thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/p22ipyZgcyA?t=211 - right around the 3:33 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqNMKif6zvc - the first 30 seconds have a bunch of instances of it
 #173607  by ibrook52277

Returning to this a few years later to note that I figured it out.

For anyone else interested in this riff, he is sliding from a C to D chord repeatedly, but only on D and B strings (so from the 5->7th frets). He also adds a finger on the 8th of the B string. See sloppy tab below.

e|-------------------------------------------------------|
B|----------5s7--5s7--5s7–5s7-7h8-7—--——---|
G|------------------—---------------------—----------|
D|-—------5s7--5s7--5s7–5s7–7—-7------------|
A|------------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------------|
Last edited by ibrook52277 on Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #173620  by somedirection

Classic bobby riff. Nice way to make that part of song more interesting. thanks.

But I think that tab should be shifted up two steps.
It's sliding the double stop from 5th fret (C) to 7th fret (D)...rather than 3rd fret (Bb) to 5th fret (C) - right?

Des
 #173635  by ibrook52277

somedirection wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:39 pm Classic bobby riff. Nice way to make that part of song more interesting. thanks.

But I think that tab should be shifted up two steps.
It's sliding the double stop from 5th fret (C) to 7th fret (D)...rather than 3rd fret (Bb) to 5th fret (C) - right?
Des
Oh yea, you’re 100% right, I’ll edit the post. I need to stop attempting to tab things without a guitar in hand :roll: