#8377  by d-v-s

I've never heard the studio version of this, so the chords posted here may be correct for that, but I think the live versions were different. The way it's written here, the verse chords go: C - Bb - Dm - C - G - C - G.

In live versions that I've heard, the verses don't end with a C-G. They hold the G, then transition to the next line with an Am Bm C, with the C starting the next line, so the chord progression looks more like this: C - Bb - Dm - C - G - Am - Bm, then into the C for the next line.

#8381  by wisedyes

I always throw in the A minor and B minor chords, as well. Maybe they aren't listed because they are really just passing chords, and not really necessary to the song.

#8386  by tigerstrat

I can't really tell what either of you guys are saying here, but I don't think there is a B minor anywhere in the song.

#8395  by wisedyes

They're just passing chords ( or single notes, either way works ) used as a walk up from the G at the end of each verse to the C at the beginning of a new verse.

#8399  by tigerstrat

OIC now. The B would be a single note at lead guitar and imho would probably be better represented chordally as a G/B than a Bm

#22299  by IamDocWatson

i actually do it like

.....c / / / | G / / / | G G F G |
i just use different voicings of triads each time for the gfg hits at the end, i dont get to heavy with full bar chords or anything just cool triads

and then before the chorus to Am i go G F E7| Am....

#22303  by strumminsix

2 diff endings:

Verse to Verse = G Am7 Bm
Verse to Chorus = G Am7 E7

#28710  by GratefulFloyd

a little inept here, but would you be willing to tab those two transitions out?

#28779  by BlobWeird

Hmm well I dont do any of that nor do I really play the C G C G or w/e. I just jam G maj pentatonic riffs through that part hittin on the C and so on when appropriate. This is goin by alot of the 73 versions I hear.

#28803  by shakedown_04092

I play it exactly as it is on this site. I think I've played along to a later version, say 94ish? But I do hang on that C G C G at the end of the 2nd line, just as it is at the end of the verse before you hit the chorus. Kinda does a little side-step there for a second.