#11715  by b weird

Hey does anyone know the Intro or any riffs? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Peace.

#11717  by strumminsix

Here's some help on the intro:
Code: Select all
Intro:  (A /  /  / | A7
e ---------------------------------------------
B --10-10-10-10---10-10-10-10---8----------------
G --9--9--11------9--9--11------9----------------
D ---------------------------------------------
A ---------------------------------------------
E ---------------------------------------------  
2 things never to forget about this song:
#1 - The strumming pattern changes from verse to chorus (similar to the diff between Aiko & Man Smart)
#2 - Don't forget the key change from A to C

#11718  by b weird

Thanks Strummin' :lol: Also thanks for the tip on the chord pattern strum thing I didn't know that.

so

#23521  by 1960strat

So is this just a 1-4-5 in A? then modulate up to C?

#23561  by BlobWeird

Yeah I play the intro the same as Bill cept for the first and second 9h11 part I also play the 10th fret (A note) on the B string. Fun song. I love when it goes hyper speed at the end.
 #23564  by 1960strat

My favorite is 5/19/77 in Atlanta, i believe it is dicks picks 29. Killer cut time version at the end, they just go nuts. I want to play this song with a band just like that, fucking out of control.
 #121765  by ebick

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this is a serious question
In various popular music styles, riff refers to a brief, relaxed phrase repeated over changing melodies. It may serve as a refrain or melodic figure, often played by the rhythm section instruments or solo instruments that form the basis or accompaniment of a musical composition.[16] Though they are most often found in rock music, Latin, funk and jazz, classical music is also sometimes based on a simple riff, such as Ravel's Boléro. Riffs can be as simple as a tenor saxophone honking a simple, catchy rhythmic figure, or as complex as the riff-based variations in the head arrangements played by the Count Basie Orchestra.