name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #175520  by thedirewolf600

Yep. Have loved this place for as long as I can remember. I play guitar, mando, some bass & piano, and working on the harmonica... though that is so I can teach my dad to play it. Sort of his secret dream that he didn't tell anyone about until his mid-70s. He's 80 now so getting him a teacher, or doing it himself are out. Anyway, glad to be here. My Phred Dockstar Koa arrives in the morning, though this is 2nd hand. I have a Liger 3.0 w/ Dimarzio Super 2s w/ SDS-1 neck pickup, Schaller M6 locking tuners, Gotcha Tune-o-matic bridge, and brass nut on order, but I'm still at least a year away from seeing that.

I was pursuing music into my late 20s when several sad life events converged and one day I got up and was aware I hadn't picked up an instrument in 6 years. It took another 2 years and Covid for me to do something about it. I should say, not playing so long was helped along when my les paul, martin d12, fender twin reissue, and pedal rig(appx $2k worth) were all stolen out of my car while parked behind my building. I was inside for less than 10 minutes.

I'm happy to be playing again, and even doing some writing. But first I'm going to post a decent set of tabs for The Eleven. It's crazy that now in 2024 there still are no solid tabs for The Eleven, anywhere. No good youtubes...It's never more than chords/lyrics or the most basic tabs for the one riff. I've never created tabs for anything so it'll be limited in options, but it'll have everything important. Now I just need to find the right forum to post them in.
phpbb liked this