#174921  by gmantg70

OhiaMagnolia - I am really sorry this is happening to you, too. I suspect you and I are two of very many in the same situation. I'm not surprised Robert moved out of Florida. I was getting the feeling he had some legal issues as well. To me, the IG posts are a ruse to make it look like he's busy. But he isn't building. If he doesn't have the money to pay us back, he sure as hell doesn't have the money to buy the raw materials needed to build such high-quality guitars. And if he was actually shipping completed guitars, he would have income from his client's final payments.

You really should check out 8West Guitars: https://www.8westguitars.com/guitars/rosebud-tributes

Bob Fishman is the builder out of Denver. I visited his shop in February, and was thoroughly impressed. I bought an Alligator, and he came down to NM to deliver it, and to watch our band perform in April. He then built me a Rosebud, which I now have. I have since ordered a Tiger which will be ready in February 2024. Bob is a really straight up guy, and his work is impeccable. I'm happy to talk to you directly about him if you'd like.
 #174922  by somedirection

+1 on Bob from 8west guitars, great guy to work with, fantastic craftsmanship
NeilG1 liked this
 #174926  by samterk1

Well shucks
I'm in the same boat with ya'll... I put down $$$ in 2021 as well.

I also hope that he is OK, on a personal level. Stuff gets tough sometimes..

Have any of you tried calling him?
very curious to see what will happen

Cheers
 #174927  by OhiaMagnolia

I haven’t tried to call him yet, a lot of moving parts for me this month. My plan is to deal more with this stuff at end of month. Will report any findings of course.
 #174975  by thistle3585

This sucks. I recall another builder going through something similar and got himself in the exact same situation. Simply put he was a bad businessman. A dealer reached out to him and became his "manager" and helped get all the backlogged work done and he continues to build to this day with the dealer handling the sales and money.

I've just finished my first batch of Tigers and am starting another this fall. If you're still in the market at that point then let me know. They wont be carved tops but they'll be better tahn an import. Trying to hit that niche between an import and a high end instrument.
Andrew Jerman
 #174979  by OhiaMagnolia

Appreciate the feedback. I may be interested pending what happens with Rusch. I contacted Troy Post and didn't hear back, so not sure if/when that is going to happen.

I am almost getting to the point where I think the universe just doesn't want me to own a Jerry tribute guitar as this has been a horrible experience thus far and currently debating if my last guitar is just gonna be my last guitar.

Not sure how to describe that reasoning in words but I can try. I have wanted a build since 8th grade, found the dead in 6th grade when my uncle gave me American Beauty and just loved it since. In college a "friend" had an Alembic guitar and it was amazing and I remember thinking I will never own a guitar like "that", but continued to think about it and dream about said guitar hoping for the day where it made sense to go after it.

Then started saving for instrument and when best friend past, I thought what a fitting tribute and starting doing research and chose Rusch and now we are in 2023. In my 30's now and I've wanted one of these since 8th grade and never had one, so it's just I can just manage not having one and just be happy with what I have.
 #174980  by lbpesq

I have a Lashbrook guitar that isn’t a copy, but is very inspired by Jerry’s Cripe guitar. You can see it here:

https://reverb.com/item/38979522-lashbr ... tic-pickup

I’d give a nice friends and family discount to anyone on this forum.

Bill, tgo
 #174981  by gmantg70

Hey guys - I did finally get an email response from Robert Rusch. He said he is closing his business and not taking any more orders. He says he is still in Florida. He said "I'm aware of what I owe, and I am not defaulting on anything I owe anyone". Hopefully this means he will complete any builds that are still pending, and that he pays back those who have requested a refund.

It is such a bummer all the way around - For Robert, and for his customers. Hoping the universe settles this kindly for everyone.
 #174984  by OhiaMagnolia

I built a website for fun for Rusch Guitars, that I was gonna offer him on said completion of guitar cause his OG site was horrible. After the health issues I’ve had to learn a new skill as I can’t travel like I used to but I guess he won’t need it now. Was still a fun build.

Then for a side hustle I’m looking at building two cabs for jerry rigs a 2x12 and just a 12 and working with Amish builders for making cabs.

Curious for feedback but I was thinking what I would like on a custom jerry rig if I have a 2x12 and I would want a leather handle on top, rollers on the bottom you can lock and a hidden compartment called a stash box. Anything else I should consider adding for custom features?
 #174997  by Drew1982

Wolf build
I sent Bob Rusch a down payment for a full on Wolf tribute. I stumbled upon this thread and got concerned. I sent him an email expressing my concern over my findings.
Bob got back to me immediately after he read my email with a response, and also he called me. We spoke for about 25min.
Bob is first and foremost ok. Second he is still building guitars. I am still on his schedule for the wolf tribute and am very much looking forward to getting it around June 2024.
samterk1 liked this
 #175001  by strumminsix

Drew1982 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:51 am Wolf build
I sent Bob Rusch a down payment for a full on Wolf tribute. I stumbled upon this thread and got concerned. I sent him an email expressing my concern over my findings.
Bob got back to me immediately after he read my email with a response, and also he called me. We spoke for about 25min.
Bob is first and foremost ok. Second he is still building guitars. I am still on his schedule for the wolf tribute and am very much looking forward to getting it around June 2024.
Tell us more about yourself and your experience with him, please

It looks weird that multiple members have heard nothing from him after many attempts.

And then you register to speaks
highly of their prompt responses.
 #175002  by samterk1

strumminsix wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:31 pm
Hi
Since you asked/questioned – he has since gotten back to me as well and assured me I'm still in line to receive the guitar. I'm satisfied with that. I didn't discuss timeline with him, but yea it seems like he's fully responsive and is committed to finishing out and delivering to whomever is on the list.

Cheers
strumminsix liked this
 #175003  by Slewfoot2000

I also had a chat with Robert recently as I have a deposit with him. He did state he was planning on finishing the orders he has in already, but isn’t taking more at the moment.

Seems like we’re all getting the same messages which is good.

Wishing Robert all the best with his endeavors!
samterk1, strumminsix liked this
 #175004  by OhiaMagnolia

Robert replied to me mid August, then said he would follow up it's now September so yesterday I sent a f/u message and we shall see.