Musical Theory Abound!!!
 #18178  by Winterland

I thought it would be cool to check out other members set lists:

Here is the last show. We change on the fly and have about 20-30 other tunes we pop into.

> > SET I
> > >
> > > NOT FADE AWAY
> > > SKY (orignal)
> > > WHISKEY RIVER
> > > CAN'T YOU SEE
> > > SATISFACTION
> > > DIXIE Chicken
> > > MIDNIGHT HOUR
> > > WOOLEY BULLY
> > > SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
> > >
> > > SET II
> > >
> > > CONCRETE ROAD(original)
> > > LAY DOWN SALLY
> > > SUGAR MAG
> > > WATCH'N THE DETECTIVES
> > > BREAK DOWN...INTO SPACE JAM...
> > > AROUND AND AROUND
> > > TATTERED(oroginal)
> > > I KNOW YOU RIDER
> > >
> > > SET III
> > >
> > > CHERRY...ROCK'N IN THE USA MEDLEY
> > > I WILL FOLLOW
> > > GLORIA
> > > JOHNNIE B-GOOD (peter tosh version)
> > > US BLUES
> > > NOT FADE AWAY

#18213  by mttourpro

If you go to the link and then click on setlists, you'll be busy for a while looking at what we've played. There's some other stuff on the site as well.

#18220  by IamDocWatson

tennessee stud>mississippi half step>moody river
ripple

:lol:

#18231  by LazyLightnin

now remember i play rythm and my bandmates are definetly NOT deadheads, but here it is anyway.

setI

Help!>
I feel fine
Jumpin Jack flash>
Paint it black
Wont back down
Here comes your man (pixies)
Karma police
Sex and Candy(by ? and dont care 8) )
you shook me
Lowrider
Roxanne
Message in a bottle

setII

Hey bulldog>
Ziggy stardust
Down on the corner
Under my thumb>
Last time
Memphis(Rivers)
Fearless(pink floyd)
Born to be wild>
Paranoid
Daytripper>
youve got to hide your love away
Vambo(SAHB)

setIII
Nowhere man>
Hard days night
Island in the sun(weezer)
The Mollusk
Get Back>
I wanna hold your hand
You wont see me>
Ticket to ride
Purple haze
Sleepwalk
Something>
Wonderful tonight
Every Breath you take
I want you(shes so heavy)

Encore(when were lucky :roll: )

Breathe(in the air)>
Comfortably numb>
Breathe (reprise)

#18232  by IamDocWatson

nice...SleepWalk! thats cool man

cant u get them to play one GD song with you?

#18251  by LazyLightnin

my band couldnt play Dead in a cowboy movie. 8)

Sleepwalk is a pretty easy tune to master, it just sounds hard, i can actually play the lead slightly better than my other guitarist, but for continuity we let him play the role. i had them doin "touch of grey" and "casey jones", but we shelved them becuase beleive it or not they had trouble remembering all the changes to these songs that they know so well. I always end up teaching the songs to the band - it kinda sucks.

i can play all these tunes in any position without lookin at my hands all while moovin'n'groovin' around on stage. the bass and lead just stand there and watch their fingers, but when the shows all done and over the girls come talk to me so it kinda works out if you catch my drift.

this is why im so interested in jamming with other people in my area. everytime i meet someone who claims they can play, i end up trying to explain theory and, and well im sick of that.

#18252  by LazyLightnin

Sleepwalk is a pretty easy tune to master, it just sounds hard, i can actually play the lead slightly better than my other guitarist, but for continuity we let him play the role. i had them doin "touch of grey" and "casey jones", but we shelved them becuase beleive it or not they had trouble remembering all the changes to these songs that they know so well. I always end up teaching the songs to the band - it kinda sucks.

i can play all these tunes in any position without lookin at my hands all while moovin'n'groovin' around on stage. the bass and lead just stand there and watch their fingers, but when the shows all done and over the girls come talk to me so it kinda works out if you catch my drift.

this is why im so interested in jamming with other people in my area. everytime i meet someone who claims they can play, i end up trying to explain theory and, and well im sick of that.

#18253  by LazyLightnin

#18254  by amyjared

Ok, here's one of our long sets:

Set One:
Dead Flowers
Wind Cries Mary
Miss Ohio
Feeling Alright
The Core
Oh Sweet Nuthin
Melissa
Bell Bottom Blues
Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
The Weight
Little Wing
Casey Jones
Set Two:
White Room
Rock and Roll
Time
Cortez the Killer
Like a Rolling Stone
Wagon Wheel
Up on Cripple Creek
Can You See Me
Night They Drove Dixie Down
Folsom Prison Blues
Lay Down Sally
Jumping Jack Flash
Watchtower
Steady as She Goes
Southbound

Fearless(pink floyd)
Do you do this in open G like on Floyd's album? I've always wanted to cover some of the stuff you play, Ween and Paint it Black and Hey Bulldog, great stuff, I'd love to see your band!!

#18261  by LazyLightnin

well i sat here and tabbed it all out, and then when i posted it wass all discombobulated, so i tried out the tab creator, but it will only let you do single notes at a time so i cant show you were to pluck 2 or 3 strings at the same time. i dunno i dont get it, maybe someone could explain that to me and ill tab it out.

#18279  by IamDocWatson

LazyLightnin wrote:my band couldnt play Dead in a cowboy movie. 8)

if they have to look at their hands while playing they werent learning right from the getgo, how can u be looking at your hands when you are on stage, u need to have ur face in a mic and communicate with your band memebers...constanly looking at the neck is no good

#18316  by BuddhaG

i play guitar with another guitarist who is an amazing singer and a bassist. we are looking for someone to get on the percussion, but are not looking too aggresively. anyway, the songs we've played are:

jim croce - cigarettes, whiskey, and wild wild women
traditional - alabama jubilee
traditional - brown's ferry blues
grateful dead - friend of the devil
- new speedway boogie
marshall tucker - can't you see
bowie/nirvana - man who sold the world
ben e. king - stand by me
beatles - a little help from my friends

and a few originals we are working on. we've only been practicing together consistently since maybe january. though the othe guitar and i have been jamming informally since we met a year and half ago.
all in all its been fun and i can see it moving forward in the future. we all go to university together so there's not much free time but instead of sitting around lazing we should be jamming!

#18332  by AugustWest

I don't gig with the band much, but this is an example of what it would normally look like. We always liked playing 12 bar things it was easy to learn and open for a lot of improv. Most gigs we played we opened for another band so we only had an hour.

One way out > (allmans)
I need a miracle>
Foolish heart
She caught the katy (taj mahal)
Further on up the road (clapton?)
The shape I'm in
Long way to go (railroad earth)
Mr Charlie
New speedway>
Easy wind>
Eyes of the world
Whippin' post