#114351  by Marleyboy

You say that like tone tubbys are not good speakers.They are one the best speakers on the market today.You can get e120s in the HT cab if you want.
 #114395  by NSP

Marleyboy wrote:You say that like tone tubbys are not good speakers.They are one the best speakers on the market today.You can get e120s in the HT cab if you want.

Speakers are personal preference, as is anything in your signal chain. I agree with you that Tone Tubbys are very good speakers. My JG1 came loaded with them....but I promptly sold them to my bandmate. I'm interested in Jerry tone, and I believe you can't get there without JBL's, no question. As far as I know, Glen does not offer JBL's in his boxes. I have K120's in my cab now and couldn't be happier. Amazing cabinet....thanks Glen!
 #114627  by Marleyboy

NSP wrote:
Marleyboy wrote:You say that like tone tubbys are not good speakers.They are one the best speakers on the market today.You can get e120s in the HT cab if you want.

Speakers are personal preference, as is anything in your signal chain. I agree with you that Tone Tubbys are very good speakers. My JG1 came loaded with them....but I promptly sold them to my bandmate. I'm interested in Jerry tone, and I believe you can't get there without JBL's, no question. As far as I know, Glen does not offer JBL's in his boxes. I have K120's in my cab now and couldn't be happier. Amazing cabinet....thanks Glen!
Tone tubby reds will get you a early 70s Garcia tone.i bought 2 of Jerry's old baskets e120s and had them hempconed incredible tone.
 #175501  by JazzygatorNYC

I want to reply to this and say that I recently ordered a HT cabinet directly from them. Glenn was one of the coolest and nicest guys I've ever met in any engagement as a customer in my life. He was helpful in making sure I can load it with my own speakers (JBL's) and found the vermillion that I wanted. Literally referenced me as Family now, after placing the order. I mean just a stand up, wonderful man who would probably talk you through building a cabinet yourself with his design if you asked him to. It makes me angry to see anyone talk poorly about hard truckers because Glenn and hard truckers are the kinds of businesses and people this world needs more of. Please know that and I hope you reconsider your statements, youre a good person as well, just misinformed - let yourself see this for the reality in which it is. They are good, good, good folks building heartful wonderful prodcuts for the customers and family they care about.