#175005  by OhiaMagnolia

Hello,

I currently have two amps, a 1974 Princeton that I modded to a blackface Princeton and then added more headroom so the amp doesn't break up unless I am using pedals and I love it.

A year or so ago I bought a Fender Twin Tone Master as I love Twins but never wanted an amp that heavy to lug around. Checked out a Twin TM and loved it. I was thinking about modding the amp with California Webers, but didn't know if this was even worth it since it's a tone master.

Was wondering if anyone here has a tone master and if so have you done any mods or changes on amp?
 #175007  by Cumtax

In several videos\reviews, it seemed to me that people thought that the digital emulation was modelled after the speakers that the amp mounted. A Fender employee, I believe involved in the creation of the TM line, on TGP however clarified this by saying that the amp modelling only recreated how the amp circuit behaved (eq response etc.) regardless of the analog "accessories" that mounted. So by changing speakers the sound changes depending on the characteristics of the speaker.

Well, I can confirm. I loaded Weber Californias (1 alnico, 1 ceramic) in my Tonemaster Twin and it made a HUGE difference, as expected.

As stated in another thread, I experienced shitty OD tones for just about the first 2 weeks until the speakers broke in, especially the Alnico one. Now they sound magnificent clean AND distorted
OhiaMagnolia liked this
 #175019  by Chocol8

Yes, the TM line can definitely improve with better speakers. The ones they use are light weight but a bit of a tonal compromise.
OhiaMagnolia liked this