#174994  by Pete B.

I stopped at "Briz Loan & Guitar" in Vancouver Washington yesterday (just across the state line from Portland OR), on the way to a country gig (I play Pedal Steel with a Local Patsy Cline Tribute band).
They have been posting Facebook ads about the store, so I finally made it there.
They had a Carvin DCM150 in the AS-IS pile of rackmount gear. The sticker says, One side cuts out, $99 (It also has a 10% off marked price sticker).
I ask the guy if I can hear what wrong with it (I am the only customer) and he fires it up into a 2x12 cab and guitar they have behind the counter.
I'm looking through all the used pedals, and there is a Solar Flare!... $98 (pedals are also on 10% off sale).
So pretty soon he's playing a red Dean Flying V directly into the Solar Flare, directly into the DCM150 :rockon:
I test both channels and it seems like it is working fine on both channels at the moment.
I'm like, I will take the Solar Flare and the DCM150!
It turned out to be $85.46 for the Solar Flare, and $89.96 for the Carvin DCM150 :hail: :peas:
I also bought a can of Fast Fret! $5.95, seemed a lil steep but...
I have it all hooked up at my place this morning (living room), and I am playing an Eastwood Wolf into the Solar Flare, into an SMS Classic with Jerry Mod, into one side of the DCM150 (both sides seem to work fine so far), into a D130 cab I happen to have here.
Sounds great! I think I already have 2-space rack to use.
As this kinda stuff is my main hobby, I am very happy!
Pete :musicsmile:

TI4-1009, strumminsix liked this