When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #174956  by TheBushidoWay

Hey guys who wants to hear a story? I apologize if this turns into some Tolkien tale or if I manage to offend anybody in the process. you can tell already Im fucking long winded , so yeah wall of ill punctuated text.

first about me Imma 89-91 tour kid out of NJ. I got to see the GD prolly 8 or 9 times as far west as world tinley theatre in Chicago and as far north as foxboro, JGB too a couple times. I stopped goin when brent died and fell off almost completely when jerry died but I did keep an eye to things I took notice of further, and the other post GD iterations

this is besides the point but feel compelled to include it.in 2006 I discovered Sublime and the cali reggae scene which if your unfamiliar, does to some extant embrace GD music. This for me really peaked during covid, Stick Figure got me through some dark times. here we go, Im getting to my point

My wife and I, especially since covid dabble in some psychedelia now and again. I joke sometimes that "quaratine had an effect on us". up til then we at least tried to play the straight family thing.

My wife wants to indulge one night. if you want more details on this aspect feel free to ask, I do feel its germain to the story but, you know dicretion is the better part of valor.
We want to listen to some music. I have some odd bits of music on my phone but I chose Grateful Mahalo. I had just kind of run across billy strings and was kinda confused about Billy and the Kids. I had seen some bits and pieces of billy and the kids with billy strings and made some inquiries on reddit, where a user offered me a bunch of soundboards

So, I was completely blindsided. this wa the best shit Ive heard in a very very long time. I was 19 again. Im just gonna wind up sayin the same shit again over and over; I was totally blown away. AND, the best part is, my wife of 20 plus years whos heard plenty of grateful dead songs, she's gettin it too. we listened to all of 5-9 that night and our faces got quite melty. My wife has a whole new respect for dear prudence lol

ever since that night Ive been obsessing on this performance. was it really that good or was I just reall really high? no it is that good. and I totally blows the doors off the Billy & the kids and Billy Strings at red rocks shows. I looked all into the Billy Strings/grateful dead saga.

I tell everybody it is my belief that this is a show of historical note. a national treasure,

at any rate I have this performance in what I believe to be its entirety. what have are flac16 files apparently demuxed from a mp4 of the PPV and therefore lossy. To my ear, it sounds perfect though it is a boot leg and probably people who can hear dog whistles and can discern between between flac16s and flac24s might be critical

my whole purpose of being here is to share and preserve this performance so if you want a copy dm or hit me up here

AMA