lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #174744  by lbpesq

My new band, “Dead Enough” will be playing our first gig at the end of this month. A nice collection of experienced and creative players. Most of us having played with each other in different formations at different times over the years. The keys guy is really into Pigpen, so we’re covering a couple of lessor known early Pig tunes, Chinatown Shuffle and The Stranger (Two Souls in Communion). Of course if anyone lives nearby, or will be traveling to the S.F. Bay Area at the time, come by and say “high”.

Bill, tgo

strumminsix liked this
 #174746  by Jon S.

Nice poster!
 #174747  by lbpesq

Jon S. wrote:Nice poster!

Thanks, I did it myself, the old fashioned way. Pure cut & paste job. For the background, I took a pic of the tie-dye grill cloth on my Quilter, then copied it a few times on my printer, using the “lighter/darker” function to lighten it until I got it just right. Lettering is all wordperfect fonts. I found the skull and rose on-line, printed it out, cut it out on the edges, and used Elmer’s glue to attach it. Took a photo and voila! Much easier than it was coming up with a name for the band that we all agreed upon, and wasn’t already taken on facebook, etc.

We don’t need no stinkin’ graphics program!

hehehehe

Bill, tgo
 #174748  by Jon S.

If your band doesn’t pan out, you have a future in graphic design. :rockon: