#174435  by Slewfoot2000

Hi Gang,

Hope all is well. I have this pair of vintage JBL E-120’s. As you can see, there is a lot of rust and corrosion.

Does anyone know of someone that can restore them and get them back up to spec for use? Or once they get in this condition is there no way to get them going again?

Thanks!

#174439  by merryrunaround

I would take the one that is in the best shape to Ted weber speaker service i have someone in my area that used him and his speaker looks and sounds good . They can be totally taken apart stripped, cleaned, and repainted if weber does not offer the cleaning and repaint you could possibly do that yourself and then send out for a recone. One e120 is plenty loud and very heavy.
 #174445  by merryrunaround

I have first hand experience with upland and strongly do not recommend him had a very bad experience he seemed like a good choice and maybe was at one time but I used him about a couple years ago and very very bad check out his reviews on yelp . a neighbor had his jbl done by weber it was done when expected and done very well ,my future jbl recones will definitely go there.
 #174449  by caspersvapors

merryrunaround wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:17 am I have first hand experience with upland and strongly do not recommend him had a very bad experience he seemed like a good choice and maybe was at one time but I used him about a couple years ago and very very bad check out his reviews on yelp . a neighbor had his jbl done by weber it was done when expected and done very well ,my future jbl recones will definitely go there.
yea I wouldnt go with him either. Had him do a recone and it took forever, like months with very little communication or updates. The speaker sounded fine and looked good but given the time it took and cost Id look elsewhere.
 #174467  by Smolder

There are lots of bad options for re-coming these… JBL stopped making kits. Weber and others haven’t tried to hard to replicate the materials. Ken at Upland has. He also sells the kits on his eBay store.