#157797  by chipperj

At the risk of heresy, I recently had a Marshall JTM 50 clone made for me. So far, I'm really liking it. It's definitely not as close to Garcia-tone as my Fender ('69 DR), but it fills in the middle a bit better. Almost like adding in a bit of Trey tone. Such controversy! Curious whatcha all think....

https://youtu.be/tq3ezhUk9fg
 #157798  by TRG

Sounds Allman Brothersesque - :cool:
 #157856  by chipperj

aiq wrote:8)

???
 #157859  by shadowboxer

Sounds great to me But sometimes I wonder how much we think certain brands have to sound a certain way. You say it's a Marshall, and, from the comments here, everyone assumes it sounds like the Allman Brothers. If you had said it was your new SMS/macintosh combo, would everyone say it's the purest Jerry tone? If you said it was your newest Quilter, would everyone's bias about Quilter one way or the other show up in the comments? Again, it sounds pure and sweet to me and I bet the audience loved it, which is really the acid test. Looked like you had them moving and grooving.
 #157861  by tcsned

Nice tone! I get the above comments about confirmation bias. But it does sound Marshall-y to me. I've owned a couple over the years. I had an awesome mid-80s JCM800 that was badass as well as a JMP-1 preamp. I used the preamp with my Mac2100 for a while but sold it and I miss it.

There are many dofferent awesome tones to be had, Jerry certainly had one so do a lot of Marshall users.

I give it two thumbs up!
 #157864  by chipperj

Thanks all! :-) :-)