#154869  by Lost Saint72

Hey, my name is will and I have been using this site for tablature for like 10-11 years but this my first visit/post on the forums here. Basically I have someone who will build the rest of the guitar but we were looking for someone that could help us with the body. He said he could do it but without the stripes and this would be my best bet for the real deal. I have a lot a love and respect for the community/fam and decided to give this a shot.

#154871  by ac4468

I've never seen a kit like a Warmoth body. While you could make a Wolf-type guitar as a set neck or a bolt on it seems almost pointless. In my opinion there is no kit neck or company who will make that complex of a neck (even as a bolt on) that would not cost a small fortune. The body with all the laminations isn't the most difficult part of the build. In fact it's pretty easy if you source the right materials. The neck and paddle are far more work and really are the signature elements of the guitar. About the closest thing I've seen in terms of a usable kit neck would be Stewmacs through body guitar neck with ebony board which might be an option if you're not comfortable building from scratch. Keep in mind that in addition to being almost $300 it's just a 25" scale maple neck with dot inlays and an unshaped, unlaminated paddle.
 #154920  by Lost Saint72

Yea I was considering a phred wolf awhile back and even talked to guy who makes all that happen over there. He's a nice guy and pretty cool too , I def dig what he's got going on over there but that said I would rather have a custom wolf inspired guitar made of real wood for about the same price. Just trying to make it happen, thanks for the post tho , peace man.
 #154940  by jackevorkian

Yup.

I'm actually a little surprised that Warmoth, of all places, is the only one that makes a Jerry style bolt on body that is commercially available.

Another person that might be willing to do it is Saylor guitars. He sells on ebay mostly, and doesn't offer (currently) any JG type guitar bodies, but he is does use a CNC and is pretty accommodating. It wouldn't be too difficult to crank out some Wolf bodies.
 #154946  by Lost Saint72

Cool yea I will def look into that stuff , thanks for all the sweet info. Also yea I have seen the WGD (Tiger/Bolt style) I think it's called from Warmoth and that body is looking pretty nice. I def give Warmoth some credit for that one among other things but yea thanks again for the info.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #154955  by GeneralGoldilocks

Troy Post is making me a wolf body for a warmoth neck right now. It is obviously a bolt on, and not neck through, like wolf, but I am pretty stoked for the bolt on. There are plenty of strats and teles out there that sound just as good as any electric guitar around in my opinion. Troy's prices are cheaper than Warmoth bodies, and from the reviews i've heard, he is one hell of a luthier.
 #154956  by Lost Saint72

That's awesome man yea I'm trying to do the same for this one so I will def have to give him a call. His bodies look pretty nice man , and that's def the price range I was hoping to land in. Thanks for the awesome info brother, peace.

#154980  by Lost Saint72

Yea so I ended up getting in touch with Troy from PostGuitars.com and he is going to help make a wolf body :) , thanks for the info guys. I will put some pics up when its all done , happy holidays.