Chat about Equipment Info
 #121961  by ccw3432

Last month I had the privelege to view the Grateful Dead exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It's called the Long Strange Trip and the top two floors are loaded with Dead stuff, and some of it is only there temporarily. The building is a pyramid shape, but still there's a lot of great stuff on those floors. It was a moving experience and I would highly reccomend getting there to those that can make it. It's well worth traveling some distance or making a trip out of it to see it along with all the other exhibits at the hall of fame. Seeing all that gear and the other related exhibits close up with incredible. They did a real good job with the layout and what they included in the exhibit. The exhibit ends at the end of the month so I wanted to post this for anyone who may be in the area or can get there and wasn't aware it was going on.
 #121964  by Jon S.

Visited it this summer followed by a baseball game. Very cool!
 #121968  by stonedead78

They had quite a few, but no pictures are allowed so I don't remember them all. Most memerable for me were Pepto and the Fancy Cowboy. They also had Jerry's Top Hat.

Pepto was awesome to see - I love 80's Bob...he was just so rad!
 #121969  by TI4-1009

#122023  by Sparechaynge

From an email response from the R&RHOF to my frantic attempt to see this before it closes, I was told that the exhibit will remain open until March. Website doesn't say so, but I sure hope it is, 'cause I got everything booked already :)
 #154145  by ccw3432

I just went back for another visit to the H of F yesterday. My first visit there was during the GD exhibit. This time I was hoping to get another look at Rosebud and the Cripe guitars. I didn't see them in the lobby where they were suppose to be displayed. After touring the whole place they were nowhere to be seen. I inquired and was informed that they were not on site or available for public viewing due to a construction project scheduled for next month. It sounds like they will be back on display sometime in the future. Obviously, this was a huge letdown. I knew I wouldn't be able to get access to see them in person yesterday, but I had to ask...and was denied. If you're going there to see these guitars in the near future call first! Hopefully they will be back soon but the staff there didn't have much detail to give me.
 #154153  by brbadg

I'm visiting my sister in Cleveland next month.I was looking forward to seeing the exhibit.
I guess I'll have to settle for Townshend's smashed guitars!