#153759  by Ebearius

I could never warm up to this guitar in its' stock form. So...... I had a Super II installed in the middle position. I had all of the stock electronics ripped out. All they seemed to do was pick up hum and radio transmissions. It's been completely rewired passive. The old "phase" switch is now the middle splitter. The old "active" knobs are now tone controls for the neck and bridge pickups.

Pickup selector is now a straight, 3-way. I'm not a fan of middle position out of phase notches on a 5-way switch.
It's unconventional, but, over the years, I always kept a mental wish list of features. I went ahead and compiled them into one guitar.

Last edited by Ebearius on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #153770  by Ebearius

Yes. It is (was) a Carvin DC400W. The "shell" of the Carvin is about all that's left. Jeff Rice of Atlanta did the work. He really did a spectacular job. I spec'd it out, very particularly, and he delivered 100%. Rarely do things actually turn out matching my expectation. He nailed it.

The routing and pickups were very cleanly done. He actually had to shave a bit of material off of each mounting ring to make them fit cleanly. I agree. Very impressive.

Here are a couple of pictures of the routing he did, and the old electronics that he removed. I'm having some techical challenges adding the images properly. If anyone can give me a hand, I would appreciate it.

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Ebeariu ... t=3&page=1
 #153774  by TI4-1009

Ebearius wrote:I'm having some techical challenges adding the images properly. If anyone can give me a hand, I would appreciate it.
Here's how ya do it:

forum/viewtopic.php?f=359&t=12940